Kontakt 8 Issues

Ewan Reid
Ewan Reid Member Posts: 10 Member

Upgrade to Komplete 15 (more like Komplete pain in the ….) and numerous Kontakt instruments error on install with the attached. Each time I install Kontakt 8 but it's not working, Kontakt 8 does not appear as VST in Ableton and I go round in circles with Native Access asking me to install Kontakt 8 again….

Best Answer

• Ewan Reid
    Answer ✓

So seems to have been a disk space issue which didn't return an error in Native Access. NI support were helpful in resolving and I now have K8 working in Ableton.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,829 mod

Hello,

yeah there seems to be huge traffic on native servers right now and i don´t understand why they don´t expand servers/bandwidth for a few weeks after such releases. You can only click "only install this product" and try later to install kontakt 8. Other users have the problem the other way around.

• Ewan Reid

Thanks, as you say disappointing on NI's behalf.

• Ewan Reid
    Answer ✓

So seems to have been a disk space issue which didn't return an error in Native Access. NI support were helpful in resolving and I now have K8 working in Ableton.

• Brianalipa
    Brianalipa Member Posts: 52 Member

I dont have K8 working as it should yet ,stand alone or Cubase pro 13, spent since it came out but no joy. There chat back system set up a ticket for me saying they would send a link to a NI file , but no link was in the email ,so more wasted time .

Banks and other large organisations use virtual servers in the cloud and can scale as much as they want but NI may not like this option as it has cost implications , seams to be the same with support , they just don't appear to carer they have my Money weeks in advance , but I suspect time outs on download cause most of there problems , every time I buy a new product something goes wrong, why not give the pre order people a weeks advance to download first ??, might save all this hype and rush causing failure and disappointing a loyal customer

Brian

• MBBeatz
    MBBeatz Member Posts: 1 Member

yes I am pissed off too

NI makes so bad updates it is so bad

Kontakt 8 installed everything perfect because everytime there are big faults in their software etc. after updates

Then half a day later there is a update for Kontakt 8 and Komplete

And now Komplete does not work

Some instruments have no function and Iam asked to scan the instrument again but nothing changes

Iam pissed of these problems and I don’t understand that NI is not able to offer good updates

Lores needs 2 minutes to load a preset, fables too, Playbox causes crashes and some other plugins too and more instruments too

So you can not use them because itch’s too long to wait

Arturia is much better and faster

Ujam and more other developers too

So why is NI not able to make stressless software and hardware for this pricy products???

Customer service ??? Do they have one?

• Ewan Reid

Yes, mine crashed again trying to install 8.0.1 and Komplete 3 is a total car-crash that I had stayed away from but installed to see if it fixed Kontakt 8 through dependency.

Huge mistake, it's laggy, terrible UI and retrograde on performance from Komplete 2 - seems like NI is all about the £$€…

• Chayell
    Chayell Member Posts: 18 Member

NI definitely has some major product bugs. It's unacceptable that there's no word from the company to settle this mess publicly, which they should.
    For me, KOMPLETE 15 is an absolute no-go.
    There is no customer service, destroyed good support from Izotope, and way too expensive updates with extremely little extra value. I think the K15 Ultimate update is worth no more than 50€ at most.

• PetrKnedlik
    PetrKnedlik Member Posts: 5 Member

I just downloaded Kontakt 8, wanted to try it in Cubase 13 and upon loading a combined preset (conflux), after messing around for a bit it froze my PC. Daam NI, you did it again.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,079 Expert
    edited October 5

Wow.

Lots of heat without any system specs, OS specs or anything meaningful to even try to troubleshoot.

Lots of users in these forums (and tons that never come to any forum) are using Kv8 with no trouble so if you need help - let others know what you are running.

VP

• Ewan Reid

My experience with Arturia is flawless, NI less so - ultimately on a personal basis that's what matters. Kontakt now won't upgrade from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1 (plently of disk space). My viewpoint on Komplete 3 is subjective but I think the UI is really not that great, it's a laggy and illogical worflow - wish I had stayed on K2. If I was making music professionally then I'd be spitting nails at that from a productivity standpoint.

• sunnmonn
    sunnmonn Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I'm also having my Issues with Kontakt 8 (I'm on a MacOS Sonoma 14.6). When I make music using Kontakt Libraries (which are stored on an external SSD) everything works well. But when save the Project, unplug the SSD and come back later (plug in the SSD again, opening the Project) Kontakt doesn't find the sounds I used. The funny thing is: I still can record new Kontakt Instruments, preview them etc. and everything works great (so the path files are correct in my DAW (Ableton 11) and in the Kontakt Preferences Menu. Has anyone of you also experienced these Issues?