Ask Kontakt 8 creators anything

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,825 admin
    edited September 23

Folks, exciting news: the Product Designers and Product Managers behind Kontakt 8 will be joining us from September 24 to October 4 to answer some of your questions posted in this thread.

Click here to join the event and get notified when the AMA goes live:

• JReca
    JReca Member Posts: 2 Member

Sorry to ask here, I've checked a little around the thread but… is there any info on when we will have a proper info page on K8? I'd like to be able to know what I buy, preferably what I preorder.
    No, the AMA itself doesn't count. I just want to read the basic information of a professional product, a couple presentation videos if possible… a product page in the NI page, basically.
    Do we know timings on showing the actual product a little?

• bmacorr
    bmacorr Member Posts: 4 Member

If you follow Native Instruments on Instagram they have some promo videos that show some brief explanations of the new tools like Leap, Chords, Phrasing.

• The P.O.T.Y
    The P.O.T.Y Member Posts: 57 Member

Word. Crazy how the S KK Keyboard, got outed. I got one bout 2yrs now ago, just cause the Smart Play and Komplete Kontrol (plugin)…total bust in PT. Then later realized Maschine SCALE/CHORDS isnt same as Smart Play, then Kontakt 7 instruments took control over Keyboard while in Maschine. They drop this new KK Keyboard MK3 "integrated" with Kontakt "?" but leave out all S25 and counterparts SW and HW capabilities and future. Im just glad, I got the options new KK MK3 Keyboard have to wait for. I can still just have S1 powered on and it push smart play to all MIDI devices, and Kontakt 8 will be tested.

• CZZ
    CZZ Member Posts: 5 Member

There's one for shop + all the panel at the bottom …
    But we're still not be able to read the preset entire name …
    What a joke

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 117 Advisor
    edited September 20

Lots of basic preset UX stuff is lacking. Agree. Less focus on store front UX - less is more here.

Preset management UX on a sound library platform like Komplete with different sample and DSP players like Kontakt, Maschine, Battery etc should have better UX, it should be higher up on the backlog. With expanding libraries it is necessary.

Also, a basic thing like cloud syncing favorited (tagged, flagged, color coded etc) factory presets are basic competitive UX features today. Many types of User presets could likely be cloud synced too. Should not cost extra and be a part of the Native Access cloud (look at the game platform Steam, they provide such a great store front and library experience, users tend to prefer it over other platforms, they provide cloud sync for free for the different vendors).

• Arranger007
    Arranger007 Member Posts: 1 Member

Congratulations, K7 has been very stable.

Large sample libraries/Templates in DAWS with hundreds of instances of KONTAKT are a significant effort to update (one at a time) from K7 to K8. While it would be easy to dump responsibility of an upgrade from K7 to K8 on the DAW software vendor, it would be far more appreciative and exciting for NI to offer, to the user, to implement this update by recognising the software pointers to K7 and offering the user a choice to change them to K8. Also most implementations and configurations are via XML or Json files and these could surely be scanned or equivalent to fit new configurations required by K8, etc.

If we humans can't do this, perhaps AI can help achieve this? The NI K8 team excited with their new achievement. Congratulations.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,620 mod

I'd have thought this has to be DAW specific? To do it externally NI would need to know the file formats for every DAW so they can do the updates. I can't really imagine that happening as the formats aren't generally publicised. Plugin migration should work ok if the host DAW has implemented it correctly. Unfortunately some don't currently support it :(

• zimm83
    zimm83 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I see a COMBINED category….. Is this really what i think : MULTIS ???

So we can now browse through Multis with Kontrol MK3 ??? That's an enormous evolution ! I have so many multis : so now with Kontrol MK3 we can scroll with the knobs without having to use the mouse ?

Tell me i am right !! Thanks.

• tobyto
    tobyto Member Posts: 2 Member

Will Kontakt 8 be a disgrace like Kontakt 7 which took ages to load into sets and crashed countless times?

• newtype
    newtype Member Posts: 1 Member

Sorry if this has already been asked…

Will Kontakt 8 have a scalable, hi-res UI for the editor pages? It’s a pretty poor experience using it as a sampler right now.

• LasseTurunen
    LasseTurunen Member Posts: 2 Member

Also very interested in this. I love Kontakt as a sampler, but the GUI does feel pretty ancient. I hope there's a decent overhaul in K8, including scalability and higher resolution.

• mdotstrange
    mdotstrange Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

I hope Kontakt 8 is not the performance and stability nightmare that Kontakt 7 is. Have you improved/fixed those issues?

If you worked on Kontakt 7 I'm surprised you still are employed 😮

• Trekkie
    Trekkie Member Posts: 33 Member

Wish there was a better way to peruse the kid easier to upvote similar questions but Mac OS Sequoia Support, if not at launch is there a timeline for support?

This discussion has been closed.