Kontakt 8 speculations and questions thread

Comments

• Beatsandmore
    Beatsandmore Member Posts: 70 Member

Problem I'm having they are going to release kontakt 8 and the komplete kontrol software still have not reached expectations on release.. maybe they will release new updates for both we will see..

• oobe79
    oobe79 Member Posts: 117 Advisor

FYI- Strongly consider muting Vocal Point. He' tries to be a gatekeeper and likes to tell everyone exactly what to think or what's allowed…. according to him. He's one of 5 Community users that I have done so, and it's made my participation much better.

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 318 Pro

likes to tell everyone exactly what to think or what's allowed

Exactly, and add to that likes to prognosticate, AND talk out of both sides of his mouth simultaneously.. People like this obviously dont have enough to do other than scan the forum to see who they can tick off.

Biggest red flag of any is trotting out the "conspiracy theory" (nonsense) phrase which any 1/2 thinking person knows whats behind that. Make you look stupid and them high and mighty.

So, Kontakt 8, well I wonder if this is going to be plagued by some type of reintroduction of ads, or things you cant turn off, like tracking. Will be interseting to see the final details. Hopefully NI can see some sense and put back any features that were taken out.

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 243 Pro
    edited September 4

@Kaiwan_NI but what about Kontakt 8 support for / on Maschine PLUS ?

@Simon_NI didn’t say anything at all about the Maschine+ in his last quarterly update, so will custom patches / libraries work on M+ standalone? Or will we need access to old desktop software to do so…?

• xd37076
    xd37076 Member Posts: 1 Member

Am I right, Kontakt 8 will still not deliver full MPE support?

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 61 Helper
    edited September 4

Thx for the suggestion.

I get the feeling some high volume contributors tries to be in the business (as developers etc) and work to gain favors with companies by advocating for them in weird ways. Instead it hurts other people's experience people with the brand. Flagging these types of transgressions is important too. Native instrument's moderation team could take action towards repeat offenders.

• MLARS
    edited September 4

Important to flag this behavior too so NI can look into it. It sounds like his behavior may have crossed some lines multiple times.

Think you can turn off ads in Kontakt now (it came in an update after obvious feedback from users), I agree crazy to have open ads in the browser of an application you have purchased.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,523 mod

Yep, you can turn off the ads from the preferences dialog as long as you have the full version of Kontakt. The Player version doesn't let you turn them off.

• MLARS
    edited September 4

”Yep, you can turn off the ads from the preferences dialog as long as you have the full version of Kontakt. The Player version doesn't let you turn them off.”

Sounds fair to keep ads on free version (but always have a setting to remove ads on paid versions).

Another example, I know Softube on Console 1 mix plugin show products you dont own yet on the browser page, even though you have paid for the main mix software with hardware - that is a bad practice which I have asked them to add a setting to remove ”Ads” - it also weakens UX.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,775 admin

A full version of Kontakt is included in 360 Pro, so yes if you're a subscriber of the Pro plan, you'll get Kontakt 8. :)

• Kaiwan_NI

Valid points @Vocalpoint. I'll check with the product team to see if there have been any improvements in loading times.

Regarding Kontakt 7 "forcing its way onto a user's machine," are you referring to the issue where a library update broke compatibility with Kontakt 6?

• Kaiwan_NI

Will we see any third party developers release updated GUIs?

With Kontakt 8's new UI engine, instrument builders will be able to create high-res, scalable interfaces for their instruments so yeah we're hoping to see some updated GUIs rolling out soon.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,844 Expert
    edited September 4

@Kaiwan_NI

"Regarding Kontakt 7 "forcing its way onto a user's machine," are you referring to the issue where a library update broke compatibility with Kontakt 6?

No. I am referring to the very early days of Kontakt 7 availability. (circa Sept/Oct 2022).

On Oct 11, 2022 - I was happily using Kontakt 6 at the time - with plans to go to Kontakt 7 at some future point. To be clear - I did not want any interaction with K7 or K7 Player whatsoever until I was ready to make the move.

On this day - I open Native Access (cannot remember which version at this time) and while selecting an update or two - I received this warning:

Now - knowing full well that Kontakt 6 was already installed - this message was both puzzling and annoying at the same time. Also know that Rise and Hit worked just fine with Kontakt 6.

But Native Access would not let it go. Basically - if I wanted Rise and Hit - I was being "forced" to install "Kontakt" again (or so I thought).

So after cancelling out of this message for a day or two - I finally decided to see what the fuss was all about and clicked Install. And here is what I got:

Kontakt "7" suddenly being forced into my DAW which kicked off about a week of major hassle factor with old projects, K7 taking over K6 in Komplete Kontrol - just a non-stop flurry of PITA activities.

This is what I am talking about. The ability for Native Access to lay off - like way off - until a user is 100% ready to accept Kontakt 8 (OR Player) onto a given machine.

VP