Preset buttons not working correctly/browsing slower since update

Panso
Panso Member Posts: 11 Member
edited 1:52PM in Komplete Kontrol

I'm using an s61 MK2. When I press one of the preset buttons it doesn't select the next/previous preset but completely jumps back to whichever instrument I selected in the beginning. E.g. I'm using 40s drums and then go to Noir, press preset down while in "Plugin" mode, it jumps back to 40s drums.

Also browsing with the jog wheel moves a lot slower now.

This happens in standalone and reaper.

Can fix this or should I just wait for the next KK-update? Help pls :(

Comments

• Panso
    Panso Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 17

Ok, I found a link to downgrade to version 2.9.6. It all seems to work fine now and the old design kind of evokes feelings of nostalgia lol

Unfortunately now my track templates in reaper can't be recalled and i had prepared a lot of those. Maybe i'll try to contact support if I can't find out how to fix this.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,882 Expert

Yeah, the browsing problems is a known issue (or at least after the reports from users should be known) in the new KK V3, has been since release but your guess is as good as mine if it will be confirmed or addressed. All the stability and efficiency of the original KK was lost and likely never coming back.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

It's not happening for me, but maybe this is just an issue on MkII (I'm on MkIII now)?

• JesterMgee

Personally, no idea, I just speak with dozens of people all saying similar things but also could depend on ones perception. I can confirm from the few tests I have done on Windows that the browser (other than being just plain terrible) is nowhere close to as snappy and fast scrolling as the previous one, nor is it easy to scan fast for a certain filename either which adds to the perception it is slow.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

I'm referring specifically to the bug with preset previous/next buttons. Seen several reports but all on MkII so far

• JesterMgee

Yeah I gloss over bug reports because, well, there are too many to focus on at the moment. I'm simply looking at how well the browser use to work compared to how it does now as it's another topic I seem to come up against with other users, some asking me specifically if the reason could be the number of NKS files they have (I have close to half a million files and it's just fine in V2).

The preset buttons issue is prob another bug to tack onto the list and likely because it affects the MK2 and not MK3 (maybe) it won't have much priority attached based on how I have seen things prioritised.

This discussion has been closed.