All my old MIDI tracks doesn't work

Pierrerst
Pierrerst Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited 12:02PM in Komplete Kontrol

Hi everyone,

I'm totally afraid with a big problem that I have with Komplete Kontrol and Logic Pro. Actually after the last big update OS for Mac (I think it's the problem, but not sure), all my midi tracks that I have with the instrument Hybrid Keys from Komplete Kontrol don't make sound if I play the song or if I play with the keyboard. But if I open the settings of the Hybrid Keys instrument, in exactly the same MIDI track and if I load other plugin it totally works, and I can go back in the plugin that I had choose for my project and it works, but the settings are not the same of course... I had reinstall all Komplete Kontrol and also Logic and it's always the same. I have so many big project with this Hybrid Keys intrument and I don't know really how I can recover this. I also remark that if I want to return at the automatically save, all have the same date... It was like if I lost also my automatically save. I don't know if it's a problem with the last update or... I don't know. Totally afraid about that.

I don't know if someone knows what's the problem. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 897 Guru

The big question is does it work standalone (outside of the DAW)?

• Pierrerst

The hybrid keys works perfectly well in standalone version of KK. And it works perfectly well also in Logic, the facts is that my "old" MIDI tracks that I've recorded before this bug makes no sounds when I play my project.

• Hywel
    Hywel Member Posts: 50 Member

Could it be that your legacy tracks were VST2 and now after the updates, the program loads only with the VST3 version of KK but DOESN'T load the VST2 preset sound you had chosen previously?

• Pierrerst

Oh maybe, to be honest my technical skills are limited, but your answer makes sense. Do you know how I can verify ? Thanks a lot.

• Hywel
    Hywel Member Posts: 50 Member

I’m afraid I only know my way around Cubase, but you should be able to check Plug-in version numbers in any DAWs and see whether they are VST3s or not. Some VST plugins can work out that they need to reload a preset that used to be in a VST2 and put it back in the VST3 but not all are clever enough to do that.

This discussion has been closed.