How to assign a knob: Cubase, Midi Keyboard and Massive X

McClaneonfire
McClaneonfire Member Posts: 148 Member
edited May 2022 in Massive X & Synths

Hello everyone,

Can someone help a Newbee:

how to set up my Yamaha Reface Midi Keyboard in Cubase (12) with Massive X.

I can drag things to the Macro knobs in Massive X but after that I don't know how to assign that knob to a physical knob on my Keyboard.

In Cubase I see the knob moving in the Midi Remote Tab.

Thank you!!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

The 8 first macros of Massive X are automatically assigned to the VST Quick Controls, have you tried to assign controls of your keyboard to these Quick controls ?

• McClaneonfire
    Answer ✓

PS: the most easy way is to use Maschine as DAW!

Here you have Midi learn directly to assign :)

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

The 8 first macros of Massive X are automatically assigned to the VST Quick Controls, have you tried to assign controls of your keyboard to these Quick controls ?

• McClaneonfire

Thank you so much!!! So it was more a Cubase thing I didn't know 😬

One more minor question: PB (Pitchbend) I found at the end under the Quick Controls but the M (Modulation-Wheel) - is it also assignable? My workaround is that I drag and drop the M to the knobs 1-16 in Massive X...

• Jeremy_NI

Well, the Reface doesn't have a pitch bend or a modwheel, I understand why you would want to do that. I actually don't know how to achieve this in Cubase, you should check Steinberg resource, maybe you can use some of the cool new features of Cubase 12.

• McClaneonfire

Well I guess it can't be done due to the missing physical pitchbend wheel. But I can set up a normal knob to control the pitch :)

Thank you!

• McClaneonfire
    edited February 2023

Just for everyone to read in the OLD FORUM:

Here I found out well explained that Massive X does not have Midi Learn built in !!!

Inside a DAW there is a way. Using it just in Komplete Kontrol with any Hardware-Controller does not work!

PLEASE NI implement a right-click Midi learn/forget option no matter where I want to use Massive X! So we all can easily use any controller.

Thank you 🤖

• McClaneonfire
    Answer ✓

PS: the most easy way is to use Maschine as DAW!

Here you have Midi learn directly to assign :)

• ngodzillaa
    ngodzillaa Member Posts: 5 Member

How many time do we have to explain to people how much macros are simply not good enough to use is mind blowing 😤

WE KNOW HOW TO USE QUICK CONTROLS.. AND IT SUCKS ! WE ... WANT ... MIDI LEARN !

Been doing music production for 30 years now. Never hated a tool as much as massive X and NI for not caring about users.