Kontrol S MK3 MIDI Templates: (un)Official Peer-To-Peer Sharing and Download Thread

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,619 mod
    edited August 4

Doesn’t Cubase already have integration?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,808 mod

Yes - but you can do way more than just mixer and transport

• MorrisEd
    MorrisEd Member Posts: 147 Advisor
    edited August 5

Roland Zenology Plug-In Template - covers common controls; filters; LFO 1&2; and amp envelopes for all partials. You will need to link with midi cc learn and save as a preset in Komplete Kontrol.

• MorrisEd

you can scroll presets with previous and next buttons. That’s how I split into different named sections.

• Gvanas
    Gvanas Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

That's great! Wish you well and look forward to hopefully uploading it il when it's ready if that's okay?

• Kymeia
    edited August 5

Yes I know, I meant in a template to be able to name each page (eg a page with OSCs, another with Filters etc) - there is only limited space in the names for each param and being able to name pages or sections would mean not having to put so much information into param names

• crisNI
    crisNI Member Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 5

chase bliss' reverb pedal CXM 1978

"The CXM 1978 is built around motorized faders that react to preset changes and external control signals. It features advanced connectivity and customization options, including MIDI, CV, and Expression control, as well as 30 internal presets and support for AUX expansion"

• Xivaro
    Xivaro Member Posts: 4 Member

Yamaha MODX/MODX+ template

• TheOfficialAGP
    TheOfficialAGP Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

So just to be clear, it seems after i download a template for a certain VST, I still have to map the controls to their parameters manually, Than still have to manually switch to that template when i use that VST?

• MorrisEd

For a VST, you need to map the controls via midi learn. You can save as a Komplete Kontrol preset (.nksf file), so should only need to do once.

• Kymeia
    edited August 6

It depends, the 2 MOOG synths I posted templates for (although not VSTs but standalone synths) also have the ability to create a CC mapping in the synth and save it so I shared those too with the Kontrol template - some plugins do too

Although for plugins in VST format I would always recommend using NKS, you get higher resolution control and many more params available than with MIDI which is limited to 128, plus mappings per preset - this is really meant for stuff that doesn't do NKS

• Beatsandmore
    Beatsandmore Member Posts: 83 Helper
    edited August 6

Well I say midi maps look great and I wish I had the time to put in.. Omnisphere is definitely one to map I do have nks version which I purchase from freelance soundlab.. but Jeff did a great review.

• crisNI
    edited August 6

MASCHINE+ with JUNO-106 / JUNO-60

(ok, Reaktor Instruments, but hey)

How to use:

1. Open MASCHINE+.
    2. Go to Browser.
    3. Navigate to Instruments.
    4. Select USER.
    5. All Products → Reaktor → All Banks → load: JUNO 106 or JUNO-60

For Stand-Alone Usage

What's really cool about stand-alone usage is that you don't need a MIDI cable.

1. Get a USB-A to USB-C Cable.
    2. Connect the MASCHINE+ USB-A Port to the Kontrol SMK3's USB-C Host Port.
    3. You are good to go – no MIDI cable is required!

_

Stand-Alone Usage Instructions

Copy the Reaktor/JUNO.ens Files to your MASCHINE+ SD Card:

Path: Native Instruments\User Content\Reaktor\Ensembles

MASCHINE App Instructions

Copy the Attached JUNO.ens Files to your compjuta:

Path: User/Documents/Native Instruments/Reaktor 6/Ensembles

This setup will allow you to integrate the JUNO-106 & JUNO-60 Reaktor Instrument seamlessly with your MASCHINE+ setup plus the KONTROL S MK3,
    whether you're using it in stand-alone mode or through the MASCHINE app.

Let me know if the presets are loaded up properly for you, otherwise, I'll add the Reaktor/banks.

• GavinH
    GavinH Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 7

NORD RACK 2

Here is my MIDI template for the Mk3. Each page reflects the sections on the front of the Nord Rack 2, with the first page being more focused on live performance controls. I hope somebody finds it useful. There is an updated version in the later post.

• crisNI

great template!
    but you might rename it to "…kmt" instead "…kmt copy" ;)