I get weird audio artifacts when using the NI pianos

tilogo
tilogo Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Komplete Kontrol

So basically I get a weird audio artifact and the piano sustain breaks when exporting tracks with the NI pianos (Noir, Maverick, Grandeur etc.). This does not occur with any other instrument except the pianos.

Has anyone encountered this issue before and knows how to solve it? Here's an example:

Best Answers

Answers

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 945 Guru

I listened to your sample. The first time through, I heard some minor crackling, but the second time through, that wasn't there.

I didn't hear a "break in the sustain", unless I just don't know what I should be listening for.

Sorry; I wish I could help.

• tilogo

@BIF I can send you some more stuff with more intense artifacts and sustain breaks, that was just a thing I was working on more recently. I don't know what causes this but reinstalling the vst did not help unfortunately…

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 945 Guru

Don't send it to me; just post it here if you can. It's better to have more people listen to it rather than one knucklehead on the internet, which I freely admit that I am! 😏

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,851 mod

@tilogo What's your operating system? What DAW are you using? Are your libraries installed on an external hard drive? What's the format of that drive? Have you tried different sample rates for the export?

• tilogo

@Jeremy_NI My OS is Ventura 13.5, DAW is FL Studio and yes, my libraries are installed on an external ssd. Can't tell you about the format but every other installed plugin works flawlessly.

I have tried different sample rates but nothing works. As a pianist, this absolutely sucks…

@BIF here's another demo of the issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Well, you should definitely check what the format of the drive is, a simple right click and get info should do the trick.

On Mac the format should be APFS, other formats and especailly ExFat will cause performance issues like the one you experience. Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

• tilogo

@Jeremy_NI omg this was incredibly helpful!! Apparently, mostly pianos (and fast playing instruments) are affected because of sample playback times. Is there a way to change the format without completely erasing everything on the drive?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@tilogo Unfortunately no, there's no way around it, the drive needs to be erased for the new format.

This discussion has been closed.