Kontrol 2024 outlook: what was, what now, what next?

1414243444547»

Comments

• Necromacner
    Necromacner Member Posts: 14 Member

they actually said the end of April, then the end of May, then June, then July. And the chief product exec had said June. How they fooled us all is by not stating which year ;0

• Beatsandmore
    Beatsandmore Member Posts: 83 Helper

Sounds good to those that want midi templates.. thank you and hopefully one day kontrol mk3 and kontrol 3.5 😆 is where it should be..

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited August 1

Just a couple of questions. Is this update to the keyboard going to be less troublesome than the initial keyboard update that required following a very detailed step-by-step instruction set to get it working? Likewise, since I'm very happy and productive with my S88MK3 on a daily basis for my actual job, will there be a simple way to roll everything back in case there are problems?

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 313 Advisor
    edited August 1

I just tried it, it seemed to move everything fine.Mbps

However, before I did this, there was a few updates, think it was 5, and I updated everything first.

It successfully found the new location and everything seemed to relocate correctly, but I then had 28 products that needed updating including 55.83 GB for Fables?

Luckily my old TV and Broadband contract was renewed this week and I updated my broadband to their unlimited download/no traffic management 1130 Mbps and the new hub arrived yesterday. A WIRELESS Speedtest on this MacBook comes in at 854 Mbps, very pleased with that

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,286 mod

Hey folks - please post questions and issues with Native Access 2 in the Native Access forum area - not on this thread. Thanks!

• Matthew_NI

That was a very different time - if I recall you are Windows, and were affected by the Windows driver issue*, which necessitated a super frustrating and long-form workaround?

This time should be fairly routine, particularly if you're already up and running with the necessary drivers. The updates are being shipped as minor version updates to existing software.

• Native Access 2 will notify you of updates to the following:
      • NI Hardware Connection Service (to version 1.7.6)
      • Komplete Kontrol (to version 3.3)
      • Kontakt 7 (to version 7.10.6)
    • Kontrol S MK3 will notify you of an update to the following:
      • Kontrol OS (to version 1.7.6)

Also relevant and worth pointing out: this update is required (users will have to update for everything to continue working as expected) but there is a release note that reads:

## IMPROVED After this update, users will have the option to skip future updates (updates were previously forced, which could interrupt creativity)

That should help users moving forward if there is any reluctance to update for any reason. I'm firmly of the opinion that letting users decide is the best course of action, and am myself no fan of forced updates. I have had to defer a "required" update on my company computer several times today already, just to stay focused on launch coordination. I know how frustrating it is to get interrupted!

Lastly, to answer your question on how one can downgrade, if needed: this particular update touches the full stack, and everything on the above list must be updated to continue working. In the event that you need to downgrade, the installers and downgrade steps for each of the above four items would need to be made available, which I could do privately upon request, or publicly in the event of a catastrophic issue (do not anticipate this).

______

*Issue recap as follows:

• Identified a bug in the Windows driver pre launch
    • Resolved the bug and provided updated Windows drivers to Microsoft pre launch
    • Driver distribution was then held up for 3 months by Microsoft who had other priorities (their prerogative)
    • Driver was finally added to Windows 10 and 11 in December - availability now widespread as of January (provided the user has fully updated Windows… many believe they have but miss minor elements)

• Matthew_NI

To add to this: once this ships, I'm going to update everyone with a full updated outlook thread - so it's clear what will happen next, and you can continue to weigh in.

This discussion has been closed.