S4MK3 & S3: Performance MOD (qml coding)

Comments

• pARty_bOy
    pARty_bOy Member Posts: 139 Pro
    edited July 11

yeah I got an old midi fighter pro mapped for the "loop recorder", NI should update the native mappings and screens, you can copy from "loop recorder" on the D2 but they forgot to include a simple mapping for controling the "loop recorder" (for those who dont have the S4) like the Z2.

• djvic91
    djvic91 Member Posts: 84 Helper

Sûlherokhh will everything in the mod still work with traktor 4 upgrade?

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,544 mod

It should, but i have been sitting on a slightly modified version for the TP4 beta versions the last months. Haven't had time this week to test the public release. More comments on this when i find the time next week.

• Sûlherokhh
    edited July 23

Update TP4_V1:

New and updated features:

• CDJ-Style Blinker: Should be working now even when switching decks.
    • Browse Encoder (Push): Short Tap (release immediately) will load with the primary load type, long Tap (release after holding for 1 second) will load with the secondary load type (instead of double-tap).

Looking to put in FX Send toggles next before updating post#1 of this thread.

Feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!

🦋

• Sûlherokhh

Update TP4_V2:

New and updated features:

• SHIFT + Top Pad Buttons (Stem Pad Mode): Reset Stem Volume (100%), Mute (Off), Filter (50%) [White Colour]
    • SHIFT + Bottom Pad Buttons (Stem Pad Mode): Toggle Stem FX Send [Orange Colour]

Awesome, right? 🦋

Note: If you are on macOS and this mod doesn't work for you, consider putting the original TP4 qml folder in a zip archive and send it to me, so i can try to apply the changes to those files as well.

• djvic91

come on man!!!! i just finish loading the first one lol! everything is working with trator pro 4 and s4mk3. i am enjoying this right now. the things im going to be able to do with 2 D2's s4mk3 and stems!!! wow!! will try new mod tomorrow.

• Sûlherokhh

Man, you don't need the new mod with two D2's at your side. Don't forget the arrow buttons next to the screen let you shift between bottom FX Units, Stem Filter and Stem FX Send controls!

• tricade
    tricade Member Posts: 18 Member
  • Sûlherokhh

So, as you can see, i haven't updated Post#1 yet with the new functions. I am still working on putting in all the new stuff. So, for your information, i am working on inserting more grid functions to take advantage of the flexigrid. My ideas look like this:

When holding GRID button:

• MASTER/SYNC will halve/double BPM
    • Tempo Fader will adjust BPM
    • REV/FLX will add/remove a grid marker
    • Move/Loop Encoders will jump to prev/next gridmarker

As a reminder:

When holding GRID button , the jogwheel will move the current grid marker position already. Tests have also shown that any BPM adjustments made will apply to the current grid marker (and the space to the right up to the next grid marker).

So, you think this is a good addition? Do you have better ideas?

🦋

• djvic91
    edited August 3

just an idea and I understand it can be over written by MIDI mapping but what if you could press a button or two and deactivate fx knobs so you could control the volume on the stems? For instance, the left side would do deck, A and C and the right side would do B and D? Then you could press the button or two again and go back to effects mode? Just an idea.

• Sûlherokhh

I thought about it, this is obviously an option. I think this is not as good an option for the same reason i don't think it's a good idea to have a switch to FX Unit 3 or 4. I would definitely want to use soft takeover for changing use of the control bank, but i don't want to implement the screen display.

That's because a) it's a lot of work and b) the screen is so small and so far away from the fx controls. And then there is the knobs i'd rather use for subchannel Filter control. :/

I hope you are not too disappointed, it's a lot more work than the other modifications. But don't stop the ideas! ;)

• djvic91

not disappointed just throwing out ideas to kind of simplify control of stems without having to buy other gear. I have the gear but in case I forget some gear or just want to use the board to control them as easy as possible so I’m going to map them and override them when necessary. I do appreciate the reply though and the explanation.

• Sûlherokhh

If you map an overlay toggle, use the stem button to stay on the theme, but leave the box 'override' unchecked to not block the pad mode function. If you want me to cook up a modifier skeleton mapping that replicates deck focus and shift layers as a base, let me know so i will put it up at a priority. I wanted to do one to make customization for users really easy.

• djvic91

great idea!! I will try it on my end and if I see I need help I’ll let you know, but that’s a great one!!

• Sûlherokhh

This is made for the Performance Mod, where pressing SHIFT+Deck Button does not change decks (as in vanilla qml) but toggles Screen and Loop Display mode.

• Modifer#1 = 0: Deck A
    • Modifer#1 = 1: Deck A (shift layer)
    • Modifer#1 = 4: Deck C
    • Modifer#1 = 5: Deck C (shift layer)
    • Modifer#2 = 0: DeckB
    • Modifer#2 = 1: Deck B (shift layer)
    • Modifer#2 = 4: Deck D
    • Modifer#2 = 5: Deck D (shift layer)

Enjoy mapping! :)