How is Traktor roadmap looking?

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,827 admin

I can share that the Traktor beta is very active at the moment. :) However, as with any beta, we can't share specific details publicly right now, apart from that things are progressing well. We also can't provide an exact timeline at this point but as Simon mentioned in his recent update, the features on our roadmap are set to be released soon.

• dbarob
    dbarob Member Posts: 5 Member

Traktor for me is a quality product, I enjoy using it for Progressive and Techno sets, I also have a Prime Go which I use for Parties funky house and more fun if I do a bar or something pop up, I also have Pioneer CDJ's for when I want to mix House or use Vocal acapellas etc all this stem stuff is bollocks in my book, any kind of stem separation will require resource on the processor unless you can afford a really fast mac/or laptop I don't see the point.

I have cranked out more mixes with Traktor than anything else, I like the idea of building a rig to use for the day/weekend etc… F1's X1mk3's, or s4 mk3 Xone PX5 A&H DB4 Hid Mode CDJ's etc… you can put the blocks together to make a bespoke setup to get really creative, Pioneer is on its way out in my book, all be it, they do do some great mixers, I am not swapping software, think of it this way, you have Engine DJ packing that many features in and have some crazy developement, but too much noodling leads where? then you have Pioneer who have lost the plot in my book. then Algoriddim and Virtual DJ all these micky mouse apps and other stuff that have way caught up.

Way I see it is this. have different rigs and software for different offerings, eventually it will all go wireless and beyond, just make of the market for what it is, I am a happy traktor user slow and steady wins the race…. ;-)

• Fotis Leon
    Fotis Leon Member Posts: 68 Helper

I can't see even 1 future that we need in this post…
    We are talking about the same 4-5 features that Djs need for Traktor, the last years, and you copy/paste the "the features on our roadmap are set to be released soon" eveytime.

-How's the weather today?
    -I'm good!

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 324 Guru

There were also loads of other stuff that needed to be refreshed.

Loads of the Traktor codebase had to be rewritten because some if it was more than a decade old.
    I think the roadmap is now completed with the release of Traktor 4.0, so there will be some new priorities over the next few months!

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,633 Expert
    edited July 17

Just moments ago there was a page where you could order an upgrade from 3 to 4 - it's now vanished.

I suspect it will reappear later.

• pARty_bOy
    pARty_bOy Member Posts: 139 Pro

it is true! Just wait a couple more hours

• Quade
    Quade Member Posts: 242 Advisor

So we need to purchase another upgrade now?

Interesting Times We Live In

• pARty_bOy
    pARty_bOy Member Posts: 139 Pro
    edited July 17

I think its free upgrade if you have the traktor plus subscription

(MacOS 12 Monterey or higher)

• Quade
    Quade Member Posts: 242 Advisor

Do not own the Plus Subscription, Unfortunately. Not needed in my option.

Will stick to Pro 3 then if that is the case.

Not everyone can afford a monthly subscription , regardless of which software is used.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,398 Expert

So we need to purchase another upgrade now?

Did you not always have to do that? I was not around for TP2 to 3, but I thought it was the case back then also.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,633 Expert

Upgrade was £58 according to the DJ TechTools page.

• Ejub Petrovac
    Ejub Petrovac Member Posts: 37 Advisor

I'm curious about upgrade since I have TP3 on 2 laptops, will this upgrade delete my TP3 copy on both laptops? I've got gigs coming and I cannot afford to lose TP3 on both laptops before I test the TP4 thoroughly.
    I have not had a case to transfer from TP2 to TP3 because I bought S4 MK3 and the TP3 came with the hardware.

This discussion has been closed.