Native Instruments Apple Silicon M1 Compatibility
I mean years of them not addressing major issues in Traktor seems like evidence enough for me. Maybe NI is working on something but their actions is the only thing we can form an opinion on not conjecture about what they may or may not be working on.0
Major issues in Traktor like what, for example?0
I think it's possible Soundwide to come to the rescue with a product that will supersede KK.0
Either way, you have all plugins you use M1 native. That's great.0
didnt they just update traktor to improve the Rosetta compatibility? and.. announce that a native version is coming in Q3? yeah, im just as annoyed at anyone that it’s taking so long for a big company like NI to push M1 support, but they did have that whole downsizing phase a few years ago - and the product catalogue didn’t get any smaller. “better announce the death of traktor” imo just seems like an annoying take that helps no one in this case.0
@gunnga @mezzurias Yep we just released an update to address the Traktor M1 compatibility issues last month.
And I can assure you Traktor is alive and well. In case you missed a message from the team that helps clarify the roadmap, feel free to take a look here.0
It would be helpful to open up a KK beta to all who want to participate as soon as possible. If KK is indeed next on the list, and just a few months away from release, I'd think a beta group would be available now.
Is this the case?0
@Kaiwan_NI I think this is a fantastic idea by nightjar. I am eagerly waiting for Apple Silicon support as well. I was in the Kontakt Beta and I am sure could assist a lot by reporting bugs etc.
I think it is unfair how some people react here about the developers - I am sure they are doing their best - however I can understand why they feel that way. 18 months since the first M1 is sold is really a long time now. Here is an idea: I am sure the timeframe Kaiwan posted would help here if it is more comprehensive with all products with some ETA - For example Raum Q3 2022 , open Beta Q2 2022 (this one I am really waiting for haha)1
It is a bit frustrating when new features in Massive X are prioritized over Apple Silicon native support. I'm just saying. 🙄2
I'm sure NI is able to simultaneously update Massive X and make KK Apple Silicon native.
Hope @Kaiwan_NI can offer some new information on a KK beta being available now or very, very soon.
A active KK beta would be helpful for NI in getting development feedback.. AND.. a KK beta would also provided concerned users with more insight in product direction and timetable for production use.0
Celemony released Melodyne with native AS support.1
eggpls Member Posts: 15 Member
I'm so deep in the Apple ecosystem now that it would be such a pain to move back over to PC.. that being said, I'm also heavily invested in NI and the incompatibility issues with AS is so frustrating I don't feel like I can get any work done. As a hobbyist I'm not depending on it as for my well being but I'm really tempted to switch over to using a PC workstation and just stay with an MBP for traditional use.
That being said, if KK is really the next priority for AS compatibility, does that mean that any AUs opened using the KK plugin should theoretically support any of the libraries that are NKS compatible (basically anything in Komplete 13, incl. Massive patches and etc.)? I have a KKS49 and Maschine MK3 and just found that workflow much easier for me personally than running Kontakt natively (which does have AS support) so I'm a bit unsure what the best course of action for me to take is.
If there is any news of a KK native M1 beta coming out anytime in the near future I'd love to be a part of that. As it stands now, I'm facing a tough decision having spent $6K on an M1 Ultra Mac Studio and considering just returning it, or just getting out of the NI ecosystem completely and buying products that already have native M1 support. Running Logic in Rosetta mode is simply not cutting it for me anymore.3
I am as big of an advocate of native AS support as they come... BUT... the reality of needing to use Rosetta vs being fully AS native is not so bad as to abandon the good things to come.
So my advice is to just keep using Rosetta for awhile longer.
Your new Ultra Mac Studio is gonna serve you well for the next 5-10 years if you aren't tempted too much by what Apple offers in the interim. (But I'm guessing in about 5 years, what Apple offers will tempt you to update and sell the Ultra for a good resale price!)
Let's hope that the KK beta's start ASAP. And even if the next beta is not AS native yet, let's still get the testing starting with motivated users so we can help push things along.
Seeing an active KK beta program will give us concerned users some real evidence that progress is being made!1
I get the frustration of some here regarding the Apple Silicon drama, but it's not only about Apple Silicon : NI didn't do nothing since ages regarding VST3, resizing, CPU optimization, GUI modernization, new synths etc. etc.
It's actually a big concern they are more and more "the sound of the past" instead of "the sound of the future"... Specially in the context of their absorption by a bigger business.
Don't get me wrong, I love (and use) a lot of their previous releases, but it's been a long time they rest on these past accomplishments and just do nothing.3
- 12.2K All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 557 Hangout
- 68 NI News
- 270 Tech Talks
- 1.2K Native Access
- 5.7K Komplete
- 743 Komplete General
- 1.3K Komplete Kontrol
- 2.1K Kontakt
- 565 Reaktor
- 184 Battery 4
- 314 Guitar Rig & FX
- 221 Massive X & Synths
- 267 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.6K Maschine
- 24 Sampling Room
- 3.1K Traktor
- 2.8K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators