komplete kontrol bug

TMIC
TMIC Member Posts: 9 Member
edited 10:51AM in Komplete Kontrol

I can't get an image output after upgrading to 14. Is it a Logic Pro and operating system version issue?

Best Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 2,015 Guru
    Answer ✓

Try to reinstall Komplete 14 only, not the libraries that come with the VST.

Let me know if it helped.

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 129 Advisor
    Answer ✓

I have this problem but it's intermittent and unpredictable. It predates the latest version of KK and of logic so I'm not sure what is going on in the interaction between the two.

I find that if I open and close the KK window several time the plugin appears, Its annoying and needs fixing but not sure what is causing it.

• Milos
    Answer ✓

Not a problem, sir.

Tell me if anything else happens, maybe I can help, or if I cannot, someone else can!

Answers

• Milos
    Answer ✓

Try to reinstall Komplete 14 only, not the libraries that come with the VST.

Let me know if it helped.

• TMIC

Thank you for your reply.

However, I've reinstalled it several times with native access, and it's a little better. However, when I switch tracks, I'm worried that the kcomplete kcontrol image will be slow to load and black again. I think it's been resolved in the first place. Thank you.

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 129 Advisor
    Answer ✓

I have this problem but it's intermittent and unpredictable. It predates the latest version of KK and of logic so I'm not sure what is going on in the interaction between the two.

I find that if I open and close the KK window several time the plugin appears, Its annoying and needs fixing but not sure what is causing it.

• Milos
    Answer ✓

Not a problem, sir.

Tell me if anything else happens, maybe I can help, or if I cannot, someone else can!

• TMIC

The answer that interaction with LogicPro was a problem was helpful. Eventually, I think there is no way and I should wait for an update. Thank you very much for your response.

• TMIC

I look forward to your kind cooperation. Thank you for your sincere response.

• Asimov
    Asimov Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I'm thinking of buying the Kontrol S88 Mk3, mainly because it (is supposed to) integrate with Komplete. It's an investment I'm prepared to make but I can't be sure that it's actually going to integrate with Komplete since it has its own issues on my set up as well as these posts.

Any thoughts? Buy and everything goes right, or buy and hope there's no problem or it's something NI will fix, or don't take the risk?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,882 Expert

Personally, I would never buy with the hope any issue you experience will be fixed. As a user who has been waiting years for major issues to be addressed (like the one mentioned where the GUI of some plugins does not appear when loaded within a DAW such as Ableton) I have no confidence to recommend anything will improve. TBH even things that DO work can't be guaranteed to even still be a feature in the next version as KK V3 has demonstrated to us. Take that as you will.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 897 Guru

I can only tell you my experience with it. I got mine in January and it took a bit of reading to get the keyboard setup with the appropriate firmware. Once setup and connected appropriately to my desktop PC it worked fine. I did update all of my NI software (Access, Kontakt 7, Komplete Kontrol) to the new versions of software in advance of getting the keyboard, so all went very smoothly getting it working in Ableton Live 11.

Once it all got up and working which took about a week, I did some fine tuning on my PC performance and workflow to improve loading times which primarily consisted of turning off Windows Defender's real time virus and threat protection when I'm working in the studio which dramatically improved loading times both for the Kontakt plugins and on Ableton projects. I've been doing that now for months and have had no negative impacts from viruses and such. Outside of working within the studio environment I leave that turned on for general internet access.

The only problem I had initially was a problem with my sustain pedal not initializing correctly. I found a workaround but decided to replace my sustain pedal with a Yamaha FC4A pedal and the problem disappeared. Everything that's supposed to work works as expected. To make things easier to run my projects from the MK3 I purchased a cheap wireless PC keyboard and a trackball mouse which sits on the MK3 so I can do pretty much anything from the MK3. I've at least tested most of the functionality at this point but there are things I don't really use such as the key assist. It all works but I don't use it in my normal workflow. The only real disappointment is the lack of functionality in the main control knob. It really doesn't impact me though as I tend to do most of my DAW navigation through my wireless keyboard anyway.

Generally I use my MK3 about 20 to 30 hours per week and it's functioned perfectly for my needs. I mostly use Native Instruments plugins as well as NI compatible libraries from 8DIO, Heavyocity, Impact Soundworks, Spitfire Audio, Scarbee and Soundiron with no problems as far as keyboard mapping of special keys and the like.

If I were to offer any advice it would be to do the reading and research in advance on setting the MK3 up and make sure your system is up to date on both NI software as well as your DAW to make things go smoother.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 942 Guru

I just want to highlight @DunedinDragon 's post above. There's loads of good info in there, so nobody pass it up, okay? 😁

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,882 Expert

All I read from it is if you have not used KK before and you mostly use Kontakt you should be fine.

Otherwise, like with the OP issue, there is a similar issue in Ableton Live with many VST3 plugins loaded in KK which has been known since day 1 when VST3 support was added to KK V2 and still today, this is an issue.

Those that are new will likely be happy and dandy…. until they hit an issue like this, then give it a few years of inaction and a whole new release with the same problems and see how much you love things after that point.

This discussion has been closed.