How to get support for my s88 mk2

Michael Leary
Michael Leary Member Posts: 45 Member
edited October 22 in Other Software & Hardware

I find it almost impossible to get a new support ticket open to get sound set up. I cannot get the s88 mk2 to operate its display on the top correctly as shown on many discussions for setup. It's pretty much bland and shows nothing from my NA software. No link to the software for the mk2 and rather complicated in Komplete Kontrol to figure out where the issue is exactly. Controls are somewhat showing 3rd party (Nightfall) in the keyboard, but before I zeroed in on that title it was dark. A simple try at the manual has me lost and no way to open a ticket.

I would like to set the mk2 keyboard up and trying to first locate the manual online was a no go.

It's as if there is no direct method to get help from the web site by opening a ticket. Chat indicates an email will be set up - but nothing arrives.

I tried figuring it out from this link but no page 2.https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209554829-I-Hear-No-Sound-When-Playing-the-Keys-of-my-Komplete-Kontrol-S-Series-Keyboard

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,851 mod
    Answer ✓

@Michael Leary Again, the Komplete Kontrol plug-in or keyboard, don't have an influence on sound, it's just like any plug-in in your DAW. It seems this issue is gone anyway so no need for endless debates.

For the keyboard not being recognized, my colleagues will get back to you as they'll need to check your system, we've exhausted what we coud do in this Community.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

We would need more information. What's your operating system? Is this happening in Komplete Kontrol in standalone? In your DAW? Both?

What happens when you connect the keyboard?

Have you checked these articles?

My Komplete Kontrol Keyboard Does Not Start

My Komplete Kontrol Browser is Empty or Incomplete

I see that you got in touch with support, there was no chat agent available, my colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

You can find ouur manuals here: https://www.native-instruments.com/de/online-manuals/

• Michael Leary

Trying to get sound out of S88 mk2 and into mixer. Not setting up DAW yet. I want to use the S88 keyboard on the mixer ch 9/10 and Korg Kross is already on ch 3/4.

I am trying to channel sound setup in Komplete Kontrol and then out my Win 11 pro audio output which is a PreSonus StudioLive mixer. Windows audio good on mixer ch 15/16. Opening up KK worked for a while (All MIDI channels came up checked). No sound. I unchecked and when checking a specific listed channel for Studio One - no sound with a Realitone item loaded. I get nothing on any channel and eventually cannot change channels. I reboot to clear it up. There are Windows errors when that channel change occurs. It Realitone shows on S88 LCD. This is the first time "anything' has showed on LCD. (Never have seen Kontakt menus or anything similar to using Maschine (I know its different).

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/online-manuals/ NO MANUALL for mk2

Not as simple as changing https://www.native-instruments.com/ni-tech-manuals/kontrol-s-mk3-manual/en/welcome-to-kontrol-mk3 url to mk2 as its not there.

Nothing at url https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/hardware/keyboards/
    Results in playback error

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209554829-I-Hear-No-Sound-When-Playing-the-Keys-of-my-Komplete-Kontrol-S-Series-Keyboard
    https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209570529-My-Native-Instruments-Hardware-Device-is-not-Recognized-Windows-#chapter2 "The page you were looking for doesn't exist"

Searching YouTube videos seems that I should be seeing a lot more from the keyboard and at least getting sound as if I was performing by running KK and loading something in. If S88 comes out Windows audio to the mixer (Kross keyboard does) then I can perform.

This should be easy but I am spinning my wheels. I really want to keep this as the front end and away from patches in Kross. I have a lot of NI titles in NA. I just can't use them.

Again, not setting up the DAW yet.

I'll try your link for the manuals and search for a setup.

• Michael Leary

Have you checked these articles?

My Komplete Kontrol Keyboard Does Not Start Reading thru this

My Komplete Kontrol Browser is Empty or Incomplete Not appllicable

I see that you got in touch with support, there was no chat agent available, my colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

You can find ouur manuals here:  https://www.native-instruments.com/de/online-manuals/ No link for mk2

• Michael Leary

Making shortcut admin made volume on the mixer go FULL! Nothing more, cannot tell if there is anything sound wise yet.

Went into KK Audio preferences. Changed from single ch2 where it last crashed before restart.

changed to 9L and added 10R (two selections) so it will sort of match the single slider for stereo ch 9/10.

clicked to load Realitone Nightfall. Now asking for key again. (was already licensed/set up earlier this or last year). License Key looks good. Graphics look mangled and LAYER INACTIVE shown left/right sides. No sound and nothing on keyboard LCD. Tried a sound setting for left of two settings. Nothing. sright hand setting not there and it does not look correct. Maybe NA is messed up. Will check that later.

Audio ASIO shows 'Stopped'.

Rescanned VST Plug-ins. Takes awhile. appx. 10 minutes.

No sound still & no LCD showing Realitone yet (Nightfall) and odd it was no longer looking like it was licensed.

Will select another plug-in from Native after scan is done. LCD (L) only shows Template1. So, not loaded.

Checked App log in Windows: Twice (Below). Will replay back again.

Faulting application name: ScanPluginsApp3_x64.exe, version: 3.2.1.0, time stamp: 0x66019500
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3733, time stamp: 0x67ca8829
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000000000010c8f9
    Faulting process id: 0x0x71C0
    Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DAD255883CAFA9
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol\ScanPluginsApp3_x64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 98b65d9b-303a-45b4-a627-a6f63be76c54
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

• Michael Leary

NA: Nightfall (Realitone) shows installed.

Opened Kontakt7. Realitone will open up. Must still be licensed here.

Nothing on s88 LCD. No sound.

Sound is on ch1 now! Should be 9/10 as 1/2 are Audio inputs.

Checked Universal Control. and it is controllable there.

Reopened KK Audio still ch9/10 so this is not working as set.

I will restart windows again as those app errors need to be cleared before trying again.

Some progress, but ch1 has audio from another 1/4" hardware source Digitech Vocalist output in studio rack.

• Michael Leary

Audio gone again when opening KK? Kontakt7 player locked up as well. No more sound from the VST or the mixer ch1 from s88.

Restart again …

• Michael Leary

Windows audio crashed as well (StudioLive mixer)

• Michael Leary

Restarted. Windows Audio no longer up. No sound.

Really getting it that something is wrong. YouTube silent.

Checked Sound in Control Panel and shows audio playing in 15/16 properties - but still silent.

Universal Control lost StudioLive. Had to reboot mixer. Came on MAX LOUD and then normal. YouTube back again.

Rescanned UC after resetting ch15/16 for Playback stream.

s88 LCD blank. O

Windows app log:

The description for Event ID 258 from source NIHostIntegrationAgent cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Server: onConnectionDropped: NIHWKompleteKontrolMK2-ADF393190028

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

I am restarting again (normal ?)

• Jeremy_NI
    edited July 10

Hey @Michael Leary Here you can find the manuals for both mk2 and mk3, on our product's pages:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keyboards/kontrol-s49-s61-s88/downloads/

I'm really sorry that you struggle with this. You put a lot of information out there and it's a little confusing.

I would recommend to do it in this order:

Setup the keyboard in Komplete Kontrol in standalone. Once everything is functional there, when you can browse, load, play and control an instrument we can move to the rest. Follow these steps: My Komplete Kontrol Keyboard Does Not Start

Now, regarding the audio. I would recommend to set up Studio One with your soundcard first, without the keyboard connected. The keyboard in itself does not produce any kind of audio and does not need a particular setup for the audio in your DAW. It's just a controller, if you open a Komplete Kontrol track in your DAW, you'll get the integration with the keyboard to browse, play & control. No further action is required, it should play like any other plug-in in your DAW.

there's too much information in this thread already and it's not helping. I understand that you struggle with this. One of my colleagues will reach out to you by email.

• Michael Leary

Replying to Jeremy:

Recovered from Komplete Kontrol issue that choked up everything.

No errors in App or Sys logs. No Device manager issues. I will be reading the manuals - thanks for links.

1. Yes, I am at the first item setting up KK with s88.
    2. When there is no issue any longer here I will move on.
    3. Studio One was and is already set up. I recovered from the KK destroying it yesterday.
    4. S1 Audio (Windows) to StudioLive ch15/16 works.
    5. Universal Control backed up and is working.
    6. The other keyboard still working on ch2/3 as before
    7. ch1 issue normal (Digitech takeover from s88 yesterday)
    8. KK set for ch.9/10 as before.
    9. Plug in normal (Realitone licensed and works with Kontakt7)

My KK Keyboard does not start and other links referenced:

1. Up to date.
    2. Enabled as Admin (all users are admin)
    3. Logged on with legacy user account (not email account)
    4. Driver is (was) up to date
    5. These two running (no errors in App log
    6. No USB issues noted.
    7. Komplete Kontrol MK2 MIDI normal under Sound, video and game controllers
    8. Both services status is Running as Background Processes normal
    9. Original USB cable has no signs of damage
    10. USB dock has sufficient power for this Dell 9710 system with a matching Dell 130W+ dock connected (Laptop only has 4 USB-C ports). Adequate power is available - externally powered docks. No Dell issues and the system has been extensively scanned. Note: You cannot just avoid docks or hubs. No ground loops. Single USB interface with Dell 9710 in use. Best in class cabling.
    11. All audio devices are supported by any mfr.
    12. System running 4% cpu, 27% memory before tests or before 3rd party applications other than a browser, PreSonus Universal Control (Audio) and driver related applications.
    13. All drivers for Dell, Microsoft updates, sp's etc. are current. No errors in logs for anything.
    14. Its Hot in California but the studio is cool. 😉

I think I've squeezed this checkout to the max. I'll move forward after a backup runs and restart/check again.

• Michael Leary

A gentle reminder. Not in DAW setup. Trying to get audio to the output (Windows driver → StudioLive mixer channel, any channel)

• Michael Leary

Looking in manual:

Checked setups on StudioOne.

Opened Kontakt and made a few appropriate settings:

MIDI: changed some to off state *
    Inputs:
    PreSonus MIDI In: off
    Express 128: Port 1: off
    Express 128: Port 2: off
    Express 128: Port 3: off
    Express 128: Port 4: off
    Express 128: Port 5: off
    Express 128: Port 6: off
    Express 128: Port 7: off
    Express 128: Port 8: off
    KOMPLETE KONTROL -1: Port A
    KOMPLETE KONTROL EXT -1: Port A
    Digitech VL Pro USB MIDI: off
    KOMPLETE KONTROL DAW -1: off *
    Revelator CTRL In: off
    Komplete Audio 6 MK2 MIDI: off *

Outputs:
    Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth: off
    PreSonus MIDI Out: off
    KOMPLETE KONTROL -1: on
    KOMPLETE KONTROL EXT -1:on
    KOMPLETE KONTROL DAW -1: on
    Komplete Audio 6 MK2 MIDI: off *

No errors in App log ——————

Opened Komplete Kontrol and looked settings

made sure it looks appropriate but did not make changes

MIDI:
    Inputs:
    PreSonus MIDI In: checked
    KOMPLETE KONTROL -1: checked
    KOMPLETE KONTROL EXT -1: checked
    KOMPLETE KONTROL DAW -1: off
    Komplete Audio 6 MK2 MIDI: off

Outputs:
    Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth: off
    PreSonus MIDI Out: checked
    KOMPLETE KONTROL -1: checked
    KOMPLETE KONTROL EXT -1:checked
    KOMPLETE KONTROL DAW -1: checked
    Komplete Audio 6 MK2 MIDI: off

errors found in App log

Event 1000, Application error
    Faulting application name: ScanPluginsApp3_x64.exe, version: 3.2.1.0, time stamp: 0x66019500
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3733, time stamp: 0x67ca8829
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000000000010c8f9
    Faulting process id: 0x0xA2D8
    Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DAD2FED0366282
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol\ScanPluginsApp3_x64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 137bf90a-1f76-4a7d-b973-9843a7566cdf
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event 1001, Application error
    Fault bucket 1764110988237071710, type 4
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: ScanPluginsApp3_x64.exe
    P2: 3.2.1.0
    P3: 66019500
    P4: StackHash_9d07
    P5: 10.0.22621.3733
    P6: 67ca8829
    P7: c0000374
    P8: PCH_AE_FROM_ntdll+0x00000000000A0AF4
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    \?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.711eb75c-2552-4258-bb15-682f6e3bf443.tmp.dmp
    \?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.43773d27-5bc2-4b6c-ace1-b3bc5929c273.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.e1be22e9-1351-4abd-9244-e419f3e449e0.tmp.csv
    \?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.b7433357-1c24-4f4b-8be3-88e9865d1587.tmp.txt
    \?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.967a6667-6ff5-418c-8346-2746e45ef922.tmp.xml

These files may be available here:
    \?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_ScanPluginsApp3__22c7da569cb034b3bdc5958d85f367021f2e5b_ef3f105a_14483949-7dcb-4cfb-9fe3-deb555bf975a

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 137bf90a-1f76-4a7d-b973-9843a7566cdf
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket: 54f7bccdb9fa351c787b6198de3be55e
    Cab Guid: 0

Quit for lunch

• Michael Leary

StudioOne was already setup before.

If anything was opened from Kontakt or KK it went to PreSonus UC and StudioLive Mixer. Windows Audio device.

LCD on keyboard never changed.

Korg Keyboard good.

No noise out of s88 so far.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,192 mod
    edited July 10

I am as confused as Jeremy_NI if not more. I find it extremely hard to try to understand where you are. But I have selected a couple of quotes below here :

Restarted. Windows Audio no longer up. No sound

Faulting application name: ScanPluginsApp3_x64.exe

So do you have audio on the computer now ? If not we can return to that later , I am more interested in the other one (Faulting application name: ScanPluginsApp3_x64.exe) which I think begs the question (pardon me if I missed something in the above flood of info) : have you tried starting respectively Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol as stand-alone apps ? I mean why focus on a supposed DAW problem if you can not even run the apps as stand alone so let us get some info on that and if you can then move onto the DAW afterwards and if you can not then let us look at why you can not run the apps as stand-alone apps !

This discussion has been closed.