Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries

Comments

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 183 Advisor

I don't know exactly your situation, but it should not be irreparable. Don't save the songs now. Keep them in their original version and archive them somewhere. If you install an older, compatible Analogue Dreams version, it should work on your system…

• jw1
    jw1 Member Posts: 13 Member

I'm on Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, running Kontakt 7.4.2, and just bought Noire because the product page say it works on Kontakt 6.0.4 and upwards. Lo and behold Noire won't open in K7 because it says my version is too old. The download file on the original post here doesn't work despite trying multiple times. I've also tried moving it off my external SSD and reinstalling to the system HD, no results. Anyone able to help? Thanks.

• catch-22
    catch-22 Member Posts: 94 Helper
    edited July 4
  • jw1

@catch-22 Kontakt version 7.4.2 is the last version that will work on Catalina, and therefore my machine. It shouldn't be an issue since the product page says version 6.0.4+ though right?

• catch-22
    edited July 5

In this case you could download an older version of Noire like many other people here who are still on Kontakt 6. Look at the first page for the download link.

• jw1

As I said in my original comment, I've already done that. I downgraded Noire to the older version linked in the first page, 1.1.0 and it still doesn't work.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,395 mod

@jw1 I believe I got back to you in another thread about this issue. Let us continue the conversation there, as it's more specific and not exactly corresponding to this thread (which is Kontakt 6 compatibility and not 7.4.2/Catalina compatibility). Thanks.

• catch-22
    edited July 5

delete this

• Bas
    Bas Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi, I have the same setup as @JW1 (Kontakt version 7.4.2 on Catalina). Noire (and Hybrid Keys) will not work with the files provided on the first page. Some files of the first page did work but Noire doesn't. Tried it many times, all kinds of ways. @Jeremy_NI can you please help me.

• Bas

@catch-22 , thanks! It worked for Noire.
    Still have the same problem for Hybrid Keys 1.0/2.0 unfortunately. Any idea?

• catch-22

Sorry, i've no idea. I'm on Windows. I think this is a question for Jeremy_NI or someone else with a similar setup as yours.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,395 mod

@Bas I've changed the link for Hybrid Keys for the full library installer. Also updated the link for Noire, check HERE.

• Bas

Hi @Jeremy_NI , thank you very much. It works!

• mabian
    mabian Member Posts: 5 Member

Add me to the list, Ethereal Earth is no longer working on a project saved a while ago - REAPER 7, Kontakt 6.8.0 + 7.10.5 both installed and used in the same project.

If I point "browse for folder" to the content folder the Ethereal Earth is loaded in K6 but it's in demo mode and with no sounds.

I'm going to install the previous version and check what happens but, as I am transitioning various other projects to K7 I guess it won't be possible to have both the compatible version and the new one working at the same time… tricky stuff here?