Bought Noire Piano, but it's somehow incompatible with my version of Kontakt

jw1
jw1 Member Posts: 13 Member

I am on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7, running Kontakt 7.4.2, the last version of Kontakt to run on my system. I am very careful about what I buy because I know there are libraries that only work on newer versions of Kontakt.

The product page for Noire says it is compatible with Kontakt version 6.0.4 or higher.

But after installing it firstly doesn't show up at all in Kontakt. I then go here -

And I installed the legacy version that's on google drive - Noire now shows up in Kontakt but I get a pop up saying that my version of Kontakt is too old, please upgrade. Which, of course, I can't.

Attached is the product page showing Noire's system requirements. Anyone able to help? Thanks.

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,395 mod
    Answer ✓

Ok, thanks for the additional info. Let's try this out. Uninstall Noire completely (How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer) and then install this version: NOIRE 1.1.0

Once installed open Native Access to activate, now open Kontakt 6, Kontakt 7, does it show now?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Yes relocating should work. I'm honestly not sure why the update installer didn't work in your case. If I see this happens to other people, I'll simply put a link for the full library in that thread and not just the update.

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,858 Expert
    edited July 4

If you are seeing any references to Kontakt being too old - it is.

The only fix is to find the original Noire (1.0?) and reinstall it.

Another challenge for you is that many of the NI tools do not support Catalina anymore either.

One way or the other you will need to use K6 with that early first version of Noire.

You also did not mention what version of Native Access you are using as well. The most recent versions have not been supported on Catalina for a long while.

This whole issue could be much better with a newer version of Mac OS like Ventura etc.

VP

• jw1

Hi there - this is a false advertisement then right? And I should be due a refund, because I wouldn't have bought it if the system requirements had been properly marked. Do you know anywhere I can get v1.0? The link I originally posted only has Noire 1.1.0. I can't upgrade any further from Catalina on my machine so Ventura is out of the question. I'm not at my desktop right now so can't check the version of native access I have, but it works fine generally.

• jw1

My Native Access is version 3.4.0. After installing the Noire Google Drive download for Noire from the link in the OP, NA is actually saying that Noire is currently on ver 1.1.0 with an option to update. Surely this version should work with Kontakt 7.4.2? After all Noire is still advertised as working on Kontakt 6.0.4 or higher at this very moment...

• Jeremy_NI
    edited July 5

@jw1 Noire 1.1.0 should work with Kontakt 7.4.2 on Catalina. I just checked on my 10.15 system. Also using Native Access 3.4.0 there.

Have you tried to open Kontakt 7.4.2 in standalone? Does Noire show/load there?

• catch-22
    catch-22 Member Posts: 94 Helper

@jw1 Like i asked in the other thread, did you try loading Noire 1.1.0 in K6 just to confirm the library itself is working on your system?

• jw1

I don't think my comments are going through, or they're taking ages to approve. Kontakt 7 and 6 in standalone or in the DAW won't load Noire 1.1.0. Native Access confirms that 1.1.0 is the version installed. Am I doing something wrong with the google drive download? It'll only install after Native Access has downloaded the latest of Noire. Noire shows up in the sidebar of Kontakt but won't load it, saying my version of K7 (or 6) is too old.

• jw1

Hi Jeremy, thanks for your reply. I am baffled at all of this. Noire shows up in the sidebar in standalone but won't load in.

When downgrading via the link here - what order should I be doing everything in? Do I install the google drive link before or after downloading Noire from Native Access? Thanks.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Ok, thanks for the additional info. Let's try this out. Uninstall Noire completely (How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer) and then install this version: NOIRE 1.1.0

Once installed open Native Access to activate, now open Kontakt 6, Kontakt 7, does it show now?

• jw1

YES that worked! Thank you! But the question is - why did it work? And why did the other methods not work in this case?! Either way much appreciated, thank you! PS - am I safe to move this over to an external drive and relocate with Native Access?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Yes relocating should work. I'm honestly not sure why the update installer didn't work in your case. If I see this happens to other people, I'll simply put a link for the full library in that thread and not just the update.

• jw1

Thanks, yeah I've had to downgrade libraries in the past via the other thread, and they worked fine. Not sure what happened here. Thanks again.