I recently moved everything onto an external LaCie rugged drive (5tb) things are not ok Kontact 7

2»

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,163 mod

It's not in my VST folder. ******.

What is not there ? If Kontakt 7 then that is per default not in the VST folder but in the VST3 since it is VST3

On Windows default VST3 location is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

• yanaS3N
    yanaS3N Member Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 5

It is there and it still isn't scanning. I have made sure my DAW scans there. I can't figure it out - it was there prior to my uninstall reinstall session.

What bugs me more is how my S61 MK3 doesn't interface at all.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,163 mod

It is there and it still isn't scanning

The DAW you might have to do some serious resetting on , it has been seen before that there are issues especially if user has tried to use e.g. a custom VST3 folder.

What bugs me more is how my S61 MK3 doesn't interface at all.

Despite that it 'worked before' then it is impossible for me to tell if this is software related or related to a problem with the USB-C connection. It might be a software problem but if it is then treat like a connection problem to trouble-shoot. : My Komplete Kontrol Keyboard Does Not Start .

You can also try to completely uninstall both the drivers and hardware agent and also the Komplete Kontrol app and then reboot and reinstall it all. Also if having connection problem then check that the keyboard is set to Midi 1.0 (though I am not sure if that would make K.K. connection problems)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

@yanaS3N So, can you open Kontakt 7, Kontakt 6 and Komplete Kontrol in standalone now? These are needed to work if you want to open the plug-ins in your DAW.

I would recommend doing the following if those fail to open or crash at some point: My NI Software Crashes at Startup (Windows)

If this doesn't help, I wuld recommend contacting our support, my colleagues will probably need to have a deeper look in your system and see what has happened here. https://bit.ly/NI_support_NA

• yanaS3N

I can open Kontakt 7 Standalone but it doesn't work. I can open contact six in my daw and it kind of works. The interface on my keyboard doesn't register anything though. I haven't tried contact six standalone or complete control standalone yet. Kontakt 7 isn't available for my DAW at all.

• Jeremy_NI

Please be more precise. What "doesn't work" exactly? What "kind of works" mean?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

What about the VST3 folder? That's VST2, it won't be there as I don't think it has a VST2 any more (at least on Mac it doesn't)

• yanaS3N

Kontakt 7 Standalone won't make sounds. The program functions but no matter what I do or tweak no sounds come out. Kontakt 6 kind of works but the interface on the S61 doesn't change. It keeps saying "Default MIDI".

• Jeremy_NI

Please give this a try: My NI Software Crashes at Startup (Windows)

If that doesn't work, please get in touch with our support, they'll need to check your system.

• yanaS3N
    Answer ✓

The only solution that worked was a complete reformat and reinstall of my OS.

This discussion has been closed.