I recently moved everything onto an external LaCie rugged drive (5tb) things are not ok Kontact 7

yanaS3N
yanaS3N Member Posts: 16 Member
edited 10:54AM in Kontakt

It worked GREAT prior to the move but i have a 1tb drive as my OS drive and I couldn't keep the NI libraries there without sacrificing system performance for lack of HD space (virtual memory yada yada)

I used the Native Access to move everything to the LaCie 5TB external drive and now Kontact 7 is installed and the standalone loads but doesn't actually work - and I can't see it at all in my DAW anymore - further my MK3 S61 no longer interfaces and the screen on the s61 stays on "Default Midi Template" the entire time.

HELP

Best Answer

• yanaS3N
    Answer ✓

The only solution that worked was a complete reformat and reinstall of my OS.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

Did you follow these steps? Moving a Native Instruments Product to Another Location on Your Computer [VIDEO]

When you say you moved everything, do you mean you moved the applications and the content?

Kontact 7 is installed and the standalone loads but doesn't actually work - and I can't see it at all in my DAW anymore

If it loads, what doesn't "work" ? Please give more details. What DAW are you using?

• yanaS3N

Prior to reinstalling everything (I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of all modules to the new drive after using settings to modify my paths) it all worked seamlessly. Kontact 7 would load. The screen on my MK3 manipulated the settings in my DAW (Reaper - my preferred DAW - the best of all the DAWs I have - Presonus, FL, Ableton, etc - it's not bloatware like the others) and it would actually work - now it just says "Default MIDI Template" all the time on the screen even if using something that might have interface - which I know from when I first installed it on my drive that I didn't realize was too small at the time.

Now when i go to add a track in Reaper Kontact 7 is NOW no longer available. And Kontact 6 doesn't seem to work.

• yanaS3N

Near as I can tell - the Applications CAN'T move. The Native Access installer still installs those to the default Native Access location.

• yanaS3N

Do I need to uninstall Native Access from my main drive and put it on my External drive? Is that possible and would that fix it?

• yanaS3N

It used to be right there. After Kontakt 6.

• yanaS3N

This is my "recents list" of my VSTs and that blank one is most likely supposed to be Kontakt 7 since I used it the most.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
    edited July 4

Sounds like you moved the plugins too by mistake

It's just the sample content that should be moved and even then do it the proper way using repair and relocate afterwards

• yanaS3N
  • PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,159 mod

Do I need to uninstall Native Access from my main drive and put it on my External drive?

No don't do that.

I used the Native Access to move it. (VST3)

You ought never move VST3 plugins from the default location.

If you moved stuff then also you might have to reset both N.A. and Kontakt and the DAW

• yanaS3N

I never moved the VSTs - I uninstalled them using Native Access and what it told me to do to uninstall then i changed the paths in options and let it install everything where it wanted

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

Native Access shouldn't move the plugins, just the content, but it does sound like the plugins are not where they are meant to be.

• yanaS3N

Native Access is what put all content in locations on my drives. I did not move anything manually.

• yanaS3N

I don't seem to have "Kontakt Factory Selection" - it's nowhere to be seen in the installer. Did they get rid of it or is this my problem?

• yanaS3N

Nvm - i used the registry tool to remove the entry so that it showed up again and I installed it and it still didn't fix it.

• yanaS3N

It's not in my VST folder. ******.

This discussion has been closed.