Please help s88 mk3

Don j Buskirk
Don j Buskirk Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

during intial setup on mac mini m1 the filmware updater failed and said to restart retry updater but the Kontrol S88 mk3 screen is white wont do anything

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,056 mod
    edited June 18 Answer ✓

can't figure out how to talk to anyone or were to make a claim I'm about to get a different brand no support is a deal breaker

If asked to log in on support pages then do that , also : You need to use a browser with Cookie , Security and Extensions settings that will allow for log-in on the page for the page to work.

Please contact hardware support : N.I. Hardware Support

On page click let's get started :

1 , Does your hardware device have a physical defect?
    NO

2 , Does your hardware device look OK, but not connect with your computer or software?
    NO , it has physical damage (Choose that and let support figure it out)

Continue to hardware

Enter description of problem in one line (this is the opening of your ticket)

Answers

• PoorFellow
    edited June 17

You can try this (a couple of times) :

Power cycle the keyboard 5 times. At the 5th time, the recovery screen should appear and you can re-update the controller.

In order to power cycle, turn on the device, wait 2-3 seconds and then turn it off again. Please repeat this 5 times.

If that helps then please do not attempt to update again until that you have attached a USB-C PSU capable of PD and also maybe have gotten a better cable , at least , there are a lot of discussions about such problems and what people recommend.

If that doesn't help then please contact hardware support : N.I. Hardware Support

Also if you get keyboard to respond again : ref. : Kontrol S-Series MK3: Troubleshooting Firmware Update Issues

• Don j Buskirk
    Don j Buskirk Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Tried power cycling 5 times and using factory cable on the lighting pd still nothing but white screen and can't figure out how to talk to anyone or were to make a claim I'm about to get a different brand no support is a deal breaker

• PoorFellow
    edited June 18 Answer ✓

can't figure out how to talk to anyone or were to make a claim I'm about to get a different brand no support is a deal breaker

If asked to log in on support pages then do that , also : You need to use a browser with Cookie , Security and Extensions settings that will allow for log-in on the page for the page to work.

Please contact hardware support : N.I. Hardware Support

On page click let's get started :

1 , Does your hardware device have a physical defect?
    NO

2 , Does your hardware device look OK, but not connect with your computer or software?
    NO , it has physical damage (Choose that and let support figure it out)

Continue to hardware

Enter description of problem in one line (this is the opening of your ticket)