High quality, small 4-out interface for TP3/Mac use?

muthafunka
muthafunka Member Posts: 39 Helper

I'm looking for a replacement for a tiny Roland Mobile UA interface I was using for years, but unfortunately is no longer supported. It was perfect - 2x stereo outs, barely larger than a phone, bus-powered, no inputs and sounded superb. I want to use it standalone with a Faderfox DJ44, no DVS, so need headphone volume control. House out/monitor mix happens in TP3.

If possible (but not essential), I don't need inputs, just great sound and hopefully stripped-down. In 2024, it seems counterintuitive to have to go up in size to Motu M4 or NI Audio 6 just to do this, and RME Babyface and Apogee Duet have ugly dangling cables, etc. I've even looked at portable DACs but haven't found anything that looks usable. Cost isn't a primary concern but I'd rather not pay for features I don't need. That said if the form factor and quality fit though I would within reason. Any ideas?

Macbook Air M2 Ventura

Best Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,564 Expert
    edited June 11 Answer ✓

OP said Mac. No mention of Apple Silicon. Just going on info given.

The ESI site says the MAYA44 USB+ and the Gigaport eX are both compatible with Ventura on Intel and Apple Silicon….

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,302 Expert
    edited June 12 Answer ✓

I know you said you don't want inputs, but maybe take a look at the reloop flux.

It can be powered via USB C, has a USB hub build in and is known to work with Traktor.

https://www.reloop.com/reloop-flux

Also expensive AF, but still way cheaper then some of the other interfaces here :D

Also: "The Reloop Flux unlocks the full version of Serato DJ Pro and Serato DVS"

Answers