Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries

Comments

• MrFresh
    MrFresh Member Posts: 54 Member
  • ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,580 Expert

Hey @MrFresh did you ever read the HHGTTG by the great Douglas Adams?

You remind me of that Alien on a mission to insult every conscient being in the galaxy once in their lifetime.

A history of 42 posts revealing that you never had any problems and everybody else is an idiot.

🛸

• MrFresh
    MrFresh Member Posts: 54 Member

Hey Ozon, so nice u expended energy to analyze my posts, free time huh? LOL. Secondly, based on my use of the NI ecosystem, I've rarely had issues - which has nothing to do with anyone else's experiences, duh!! Lastly, u do realize it's only YOU referring to everyone else as idiots, that term never came out of my mouth. Now, please go sit down somewhere,,,smh LOL!!!

• nsg
    nsg Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

why would you let a dummy like me update libraries for Kontakt 7.6 if the Kontakt vst I have (6.8) is not compatible. Seem like a ploy to get me to upgrade. Now I can not remove 40's Keys 2.0 to revert back to 1.0.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,395 mod

@nsg You only need Kontakt 7 Player to run our libraries, which is free, so no ploy here ;)

We also provide the links for installers for the libraries in this very thread.

We know it's been an issue, we're now implementing a warning in Native Access when updates for Kontakt libraries break compatibility with an older version. It will be done little by little but it's already live for a few libraries like Noire, Session Guitarist - Picked Acoustic, Session Guitarist - Electric Mint, Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst Deluxe, Ashlight, Amati Viola, Stradivari Violin, Stradivari Cello, Guarneri Violin, Hypha, Schema Dark. More to come.

• catch-22
    catch-22 Member Posts: 94 Helper
    edited June 11

@Jeremy_NI

Some of us never install the player when we have the full version. I also don't want to install redundant software on my system. It would not only be an unnecesssary mess and i'd always wonder which one to open. Solution: never install the player version.

Btw. why don't you answer and inform us about the longstanding Battery bug (BT4-2680) anymore?

• Karl Lindberg
    Karl Lindberg Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I hope this saves me from the hassle of re-creating some patches that were saved together with Kontakt 6 from within Cubase.
    Backwards compatibility for already existing libraries should always be on the dev-agenda especially for producers that need to recall projects.

Thanks for posting this!

• SeanSecret
    SeanSecret Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

This post has been really helpful! The updated link with the older K6 libraries has saved me! Tho I haven't gotten 40s Very Own Keys, Butch Vig Drums and Picked Acoustic to work. In the case of Picked Acoustic it even says "Session Guitarist - Picked Acoustic 1.1.0 Setup PC.exe" when opening the iso file. 1.1.0 only works with K7 according to the release notes? If those links could be updated then that would be great!

• Jeremy_NI

Hey make sure to check this post, where it's more regularly updated, I just checked and the Picked Acoustic is an iso file, you can find both a exe for Windows and a pkg for Mac: (also in this very thread)

• catch-22
    catch-22 Member Posts: 94 Helper

@Jeremy_NI

Thanks for ignoring my question about the Battery (BT4-2680) bug again. You didn't show up in that thread since Jan 12. I assume you aren't allowed to talk about it anymore after announcing a fix months ago. That can't mean any good for us customers. Is Battery 4 the next plugin to get axed? Are you guys working on a Guinness Book entry for the most abandoned products (soft- and hardware) by a single company? What are we supposed to think when you don't talk to your customers?

☹️

• Jeremy_NI

There's an update that should come at some point. Some further tests are needed for this to happen. This has been pushed back because of other priorities. So, still no new information or an estimate date.

• SeanSecret
    SeanSecret Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

That was the updated link I meant!
    I've already downloaded the ISO file for "Picked Guitar". When mounting the ISO file I see an .EXE file with version name "1.1.0". I've followed the steps in the post (run install file (as admin) and then launch Native Access) but am still unable to open "Picked Guitar" in K6. It's possible I'm missing something.

The release notes say 1.1.0 is for K7 so I think that's why. Would it be possible to get the link to an older version?

All other links I've tried except "40s Very Own Keys" and "Butch Vig Drums" have worked perfectly tho so I wanna thank you for that Jeremy :D

I'm on a Win10 PC if that helps.

• TomSynsongs
    TomSynsongs Member Posts: 50 Member

@Jeremy_NI Can we please have a solution to the issues with K6?

No older song does properly load anymore - downloads above are not available due to too many downloads. Cannot continue working, which is really a pain. Thanks.

• hollybuddy
    hollybuddy Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi, same issue. The .iso file has version 1.1.0 of Picked Acoustic, not 1.0.0. Which is not compatible with Kontakt 6.

• m. r. m.
    m. r. m. Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi!

I just wanted to buy Electric Mint but my Kontakt version is 6.6.1 (Windows 8) So what should I do? Should I buy it and then install the files shared in this thread instead of the one NI will send to me?

Thanks in advance!