S4MK3 & S3: Performance MOD (qml coding)

Comments

• djvic91
    djvic91 Member Posts: 84 Helper
    edited May 7

Sûlherokhh is it possible to press both shift buttons and disable the FX knobs on the left in the right? Then create them on the left the volume control for the remix deck? And the ones on the right with control the filter? And if you press shift plus shift again everything goes back to normal. Will figure out how to select a deck later, this would be the first steps.

• djvic91

i have a D2 and a F1 to do this I’m only asking if it’s possible for special gigs with limited space and can’t really set up too much gear

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,544 mod
    edited May 7

Those things are possible, of course. I am not sure it makes sense to take away FX controls on both sides at the same time, even though i understand this is to have full control of remix decks. There will be problems with softtakeover and knob positions, both for FX and remix parameters.

In short: this looks like a really big project, qml-wise, and may be easier to accomplish using the controller manager, select your s4 mapping, and use the overmapping capabilities, which contain all the commands that are needed. Or get an F1.

If i have more time this weekend than i expect, i will cook up a version using overmapping for you.

Now i get it. :)

• Sûlherokhh

Updated work in progress:

• Alternate Sync function (another one! 😃)
    • All user toggles for special functions are going to be placed with SHIFT+(FX Select Block). Also an overhaul of the mod description on page 1, for better readability.
    • FX presets (technical hurdle).
    • Display LoopIn-/LoopOut points on the stripe, green colouring of the looping
      part of the waveform when the loop is active (delayed).

🦋

• djvic91

ok thank you for your input. I can do the mapping on my end but was trying to create a page 2 and trying to flip back and forth between the latest set up and a second page dedicated to the remix decks. Like what you did with the screen. On off on the fly.

• Sûlherokhh

You are talking about the pitch control, yes?

You will need to use modifiers to set up additional overlays, then use modifier conditions in your commands that use those modifiers to assign those layers.

You will also need modifiers to indicate wether or not a shift button is down or up, one for each.

• djvic91

not the pitch just wondering if it was possible to have 2 set ups, the mod we are currently in and creating a secondary one dedicated to remix decks. Switch back and forth on the fly by pressing two buttons like both shift buttons once to activate page 2 and pressing both shifts buttons again to go back to page 1. If it’s difficult i understand, i was just inquiring if possible

• Sûlherokhh

You can't switch mods on the fly like that. It would need to be incorporated into a single mod. And yes, it's definitely possible but a lot of work. It's easier using overmapping. As mentioned above, i will upload a version to showcase the layering.

• djvic91

ok thank you

• pixel
    pixel Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    edited May 7

I have finished and fully integrated the FX controls and the FX play function.
    I will create the rec function on the weekend.
    My better half needs attention again😄

I think it would be great if there was an emulator to test with. I have the S3 in the next room. I'll be able to join the marathon soon🤣

• Sûlherokhh

WiP Update:

User toggles for special functions are now SHIFT+(FX Select Block):

• SHIFT+(FX Select 1): Toggle CDJ Cue/Play blinking behaviour (WarmYellow Cue LED).
    • SHIFT+(FX Select 2): Toggle from standard SyncButton functions (+BPM-reset using HOLD+Sync) to alternate SyncButton functions (Tap=TempoSync, Hold=SyncToggle).
    • SHIFT+(FX Select 3+4): Adjust Pop-Up duration in seconds. 3 counts down (to minimum 1), 4 counts up (to maximum 4).
    • SHIFT+(FX Select Filter): Toggle Jogwheel-Playlist-Scrolling (in BrowserView). Removed from SHIFT+View.

SHIFT+TopDeck/BottomDeck toggles for ScreenDisable and alternate LoopDisplay remain in place.

Test away. Feedback appreciated.

🦋

• djvic91
    edited May 7

so far everything is working and I'm loving the ability to switch back and forth from bpm and tempo with shift 2 . easy to remember a light tap on sync returns to master tempo , hold the sync button for a second and it activates the sync. the plus 1 or negative -1 seconds on the phase display also works no problem. everything working good so far

• djvic91

pixel i was watching the video you sent and i couldn't hear anything, is there audio to it and if there isn't could you add it? would like to learn what it is you are creating

• Merman
    Merman Member Posts: 16 Member

Yeah, no bugs encountered so far :)
    Great stuff!

• Sakamotodj
    Sakamotodj Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi to all Is there the possibility to disable loop as default in order to avoid looping when playing the track?

Thanks in advance

Enrico