Maschine third party software plug-ins not showing up after multiple rescan & restarts

StarSMASH
StarSMASH Member Posts: 16 Member
edited June 2022 in Maschine

so i used to be able to be able to load all of my 3rd party software plug ins in maschine, but now they've all gone. I made sure the file path locations are accurate in the "plug-ins" and "library" directory, even to the point where i try to add the same directory again, and it says that that file path is already there. I have no idea what to do from here, and when i hit "rescan", it says i have 500+ plug-ins scanning, then it gets to like maybe 200 and then stops....then still no 3rd part software is still able to load as shown in the pictures below.

Tagged:

Comments

• StarSMASH

and now i go back into my maschine VST within logic, and all of the plug-ins i had in my projects in maschine VST have exclamation marks next to them making them all unusuable

• StarSMASH
    edited April 2022

and now it scans all of my plug-ins, but still won't show up in my sound slot. i've removed the file paths and added them again, then rescanned, and still nothing. i went into my system preferences, then into privacy and security, then allowed maschine 2 full access and still nothing. there is currently nothing in my maschine preferences>manager window, but my file paths are listed and showing.

• StarSMASH

is this only happening to me? i hav a friend who is having issues with komplete kontrol not loading and i'm wondering how much of a coincidence that is

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2022

Are you sure your plugins are in: / Users / StarSmash / Library / Audio / Plug-Ins / VST

Instead of the default: / Library / Audio / Plug-Ins / VST

?

Where they go depends if you install things for ALL users of your computer or just for yourself, only applies if you have multiple users of course, to make things simpler usually people have both paths there.

Not sure why your user folder content is showing up in your plug paths, remove it, it should look like this:

@StarSMASH said:

when i hit "rescan", it says i have 500+ plug-ins scanning, then it gets to like maybe 200 and then stops....then still no 3rd part software is still able to load as shown in the pictures below.

Take note of the name of plug it stops in and temporarily remove it from the plug folder and try again.

• StarSMASH

thank you for trying to help.

yes, i'm sure that's where my plug-ins are:

and maschine takes 20 minutes to scan my whole library every time i open it, only for none of the plug-ins to show up.

• StarSMASH

and now it shows everything in my user library, but not in maschine. i can drag and drop from the folders on my HD, but can't browse absolutely anything in maschine. the samples loaded are from an already existing template.

• StarSMASH

i'll just do a full uninstall and reinstall on saturday when i have time for all of this.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2022

Dang, there's a ton of messed-up stuff on your system... How did this happen? Did you get a new computer? Update something? Change a drive's name or anything similar? Reinstalling won't do much afaik, it does not replace what matters unless you're talking about a clean install of your OS.

I'd give it a go at "Reinitializing the Databases" by deleting your db3 files and letting them regenerate, explained here:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210277145-My-MASCHINE-2-Browser-is-Empty-or-Incomplete

Plugins missing and the lib are different issues tho. From my experience, some plugins cause the Scan at the startup to always trigger, iZtope stuff for example is always scanned.

• StarSMASH
    edited April 2022

thanks for offering that solution. I did get a new M1 computer and erased my current HD to make it bottable on the new M1, but it never worked. I then returned the M1 and am back on my old system, then this happened. i've erased this HD many times, but had another HD for backup during the process and transferred that back onto this current one.

the libraries show up in maschine now (except neon drive for some reason), but now it's just the plug-ins not showing up and the constant scanning absolutely everything on booting up maschine.

• StarSMASH

ok so i just made a new VST folder and copied my VSTs to that new folder, then added it in the path to scan in maschine.

all of a sudden, it seems like 80-90% of my content is now there which i am ecstatic about (Kick 2 doesn't show up and i don't know what else), but that's because they're audio units. It looks like my audio units are showing up in maschine, but absolutely NONE of my VSTs? I don't know what is going on still, and i would love to get kick 2 to work since i use maschine as a drum sequencer (i know i can resample, it's just more tedious), but this is where i'm at with this issue.

• StarSMASH
    edited June 2022

now idk what to do. the "use ni units" keeps unchecking and it's not working any more.

customer service didn't help at all and i'm seriously at a loss at this point.

every single time i open maschine, it rescans absolutely all of my plug-ins (even when i delete all of the paths in the preferences folder!!!!!), yet none of it shows up in maschine. Now my user library is gone from maschine and none of the sounds show up either.

• StarSMASH

i'm just updating yall in case anyone else runs into this problem.

i cleared out all of the folders in my plug-ins>locations path in maschine so there is NOTHING in there. i then checked "use NI audio units", which seemed to only work when i don't have any folders in there? now i can get those AU plug-ins to show up successfully. I got my sound library back too, but this is all within maschine VST. For some reason, whenever i load up maschine 2 standalone, it messes everything up. I've tried to make sure the settings in preferences were the same in maschine 2 and maschine vst, but whenever i open maschine 2, the preferences get "updated" and i lose all my plug-ins and/or sound library again? most confusing and annoying error i've every encountered in maschine, but at this point, i'm just never using the standalone version and sticking to my AU in logic. whatever.

• Frankie-O
    Frankie-O Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi I’m new here and come with a similar problem, trying to load EZdrummer 3 into maschine file are not showing after importing. Have you resolved this issue?

• Maschino
    Maschino Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited September 2023

My Maschine library only shows 5 plugins and when I scan it now won’t find any more.

I have zero groups or sounds now in Maschine and I don’t even have the option to download the files again? This is driving me

crazy. I’m using a MacBook Air M1. It was working fine for 8 months and now I can’t basically use Maschine as I have no sounds.