Kontrol A49 keyboard not functioning properly (possibly malfunctioning)

LowBum
LowBum Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited 9:20AM in Komplete Kontrol

This keyboard has been working fine for a year now....today, I plug it in (it has no on/off switch, BTW) and it initially lights up, then all the lights flicker and then fade out and just the little screen (Template 1, MIDI Mode) and the Octave buttons are alight. Could this be some sort of malfunction or is there a fix?

PS. I am lost without it!

Nick

Best Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,627 Expert
    Answer ✓

OK thanks. Now you say you plug it in - to what?

Mac? PC? Phone? Tablet? Are you plugging in directly or via a hub or adapter of some kind?

• LowBum
    Answer ✓

Crisis over! PK, your mention of the hub led me to check all the connections....unplugged the hib, replugged - all good! Thanks for listening...

Answers

• PK The DJ
    edited April 6

What keyboard is "this keyboard"? As you mention "little screen" could it be a M32 perhaps?

An A25, A49, A61?

• LowBum

A49

The top left row is Shift, Scale, ARP and then this little window

• PK The DJ
    Answer ✓

OK thanks. Now you say you plug it in - to what?

Mac? PC? Phone? Tablet? Are you plugging in directly or via a hub or adapter of some kind?

• LowBum

Plugged into a Mac via a USB hub (new macs have no USB ports). All other devices using the hub are working.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,159 mod
    edited April 6

LowBum user profile suggest that the keyboard is the Komplete Kontrol A49 ! (I will edit headline to reflect that !)

[Ooops , looks as if I am late to the party 😁]

• LowBum
    Answer ✓

Crisis over! PK, your mention of the hub led me to check all the connections....unplugged the hib, replugged - all good! Thanks for listening...

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,159 mod
This discussion has been closed.