Komplete Kontrol 3.2.1 doesn't work at all

Evert
Evert Member Posts: 7 Member
edited 9:20AM in Komplete Kontrol

Yesterday I updated KK trough native acces.

When started in stand alone mode, it freezes when I try to load an instrument. When I try to load an instrument trough the s88 ui, the ui on my keyboard ánd the ui on the pc freeze.

Even worse, the program freezes up so bad, that I can't even close KK with the windows task manager. Only solution is to perform a hard reset by turning the PC off with the power button.

Same problem occurs when I try to operate KK in Cubase. I uninstalled, and re-installed but no succes.

Needless to say that this does'nt even remotely comes close to the seemless workflow I am used to with KK in my DAW in combination with my mk2 S88. Will there be a solution in the nearby future?

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,888 Expert
    edited March 31 Answer ✓

He says he has an MK2 keyboard, that guide is for the MK3, and will likely confuse the situation.

Cmon, you know the answer here, why draw it out until a long weekend or suggest to contact support and leave the poor guy without an answer for 4+ days.

To the OP, my suggestion (experience, not opinion) is that there is likely some issue with the updated V3 of Komplete Kontrol and likely, if you uninstall and roll back to V2 (which you can find in threads on this forum for the same problem) this will probably solve your problem and you can get back to work. But don't take my work for it, read the many threads here that have the exact same issue and decide if this is something you personally wish to do.

So that is my suggestion, by all means, open a ticket and wait until after the long weekend for support to hopefully get to it and work through the problem. Just let us know which rout you go and if things worked out.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,165 mod

For a solution you will have to contact N.I. Komplete Kontrol Support and then thy will raise it to a bug if they think it one !

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

What's your operating system? Have you installed the Hardware Service Connection? Have you followed these steps? Kontrol S-Series MK3 Troubleshooting Guide

• Evert

OS: Windows 11, DAW:Cubase 11 and Komplete S88 mkII. Troubleshooting Guide mk3 no results.

• SF_Green
    SF_Green Member Posts: 36 Member

I'm on Windows 10, with Cubase 13 and a KK S88 Mk II. I tried 3.2.1 and tried the technique described in the link I'll leave below for installing along-side KK version 2.9.6 but I couldn't get it to work for me (2.9.6 always crashed while scanning) so I uninstalled both and reinstalled 2.9.6 again, which is working properly without 3.2.1 installed. I'll add my voice to others that say unless you have a Mk III keyboard, you should stay on 2.9.6

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/14394517675677-How-to-Keep-Komplete-Kontrol-2-9-and-Komplete-Kontrol-3-on-Your-System

• JesterMgee
    edited March 31 Answer ✓

He says he has an MK2 keyboard, that guide is for the MK3, and will likely confuse the situation.

Cmon, you know the answer here, why draw it out until a long weekend or suggest to contact support and leave the poor guy without an answer for 4+ days.

To the OP, my suggestion (experience, not opinion) is that there is likely some issue with the updated V3 of Komplete Kontrol and likely, if you uninstall and roll back to V2 (which you can find in threads on this forum for the same problem) this will probably solve your problem and you can get back to work. But don't take my work for it, read the many threads here that have the exact same issue and decide if this is something you personally wish to do.

So that is my suggestion, by all means, open a ticket and wait until after the long weekend for support to hopefully get to it and work through the problem. Just let us know which rout you go and if things worked out.

• Evert

First of all, thanks for your reactions! Gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling that I am not alone in my time of trouble! 🤣I peformed a roll-back to 2.9.6. It might be an outdated version, but it works like a charm!

• JesterMgee

Nice you got it working, and was 99% confident it would be the quickest solution. It's not exactly "outdated" when the updated version is problematic and doesn't improve on the previous functionality. Hopefully in time it will improve, but it's a waiting game some of us are so very tired from already.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 897 Guru

Just so you know. I have updated both Kontakt and KK to their latest versions and both my Komplete S88MK3 and my S49MK2 are working fine. But I'm on Ableton. However the latest updates to Kontakt7 and particularly Komplete Kontrol include numerous fixes some specifically for Cubase, so those updates may fix whatever issues you had with running the new versions of Kontakt and KK in your situation.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 942 Guru

I could test with Cubase if somebody thinks it might help…but I only have a MK1 and a MK3. No MK2 here.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

@Evert My apologies, I misread and gave you wrong advice. Hopefully my colleagues can help out.

@JesterMgee Yes, I admit I misread the original post, there was no intent of drawing it out or turning away from any issue, known or not yet known.

• Evert

No sweat, Jeremy. I assume everybody here has good intentions. The worst advice one can get is no😉 advice at all!

• BIF

You are correct to assume that everybody here has good intentions. That is my observation, and I've been here almost since music was first invented by a caveman beating on stretched skins with a mammoth's thigh bone. 😅

• Evert

Bet you never had to perform a roll-back on that thighbone! 😂

• BIF

No, I haven't. Cavegirl would not know how to dance her rain dance to it. 😁

But she can handle flams and ghost notes for the hunting victory dance!

"Ooohhga, oohga!" 🐂🥁

• Erwinew
    Erwinew Member Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 20

Is Komplete Kontrol v3.2.1 working with Cubase on Windows Mk3, or is it still crashing the DAW like the first report of this thread?

Komplete Kontrol v3.2.1 VST3 also crashes REAPER DAW and is confirmed by multiple users:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/18432/using-komplete-kontrol-causing-my-daw-reaper-to-freeze-every-5-minutes/p1

I'm wondering if there is a relation to this DAW crash.

This discussion has been closed.