S4MK3 & S3: Performance MOD (qml coding)

Comments

• The Sarge
    The Sarge Member Posts: 154 Helper
    edited March 10

he said "Yes." ;)

I´m using the S4Mk3

I´ll at what you pictured, but not today (my mood isn´t for Traktor now, so after a good sleep it´ll be better ;) )

EDIT:

managed it, I used now the normal PC-Keyboard and assigned it to "-" (the one next to SHIFT on the right sight) for Deck A and to "SHIFT+-" for Deck B and works perfect

I hope I´ve not overwritten something by default-mapping, don´t know where to check - know it only from other software, that there comes a prompt "you´re overwriting the funcion of..."

THANKS a lot @Sûlherokhh 🤩

EDIT 2:

now after reloading Traktor it doesn´t work anymore, it now zoomes in/out :(

tried the "<" key and ">" (SHIFT+<) but this don´t work :(

ok, tomorrow is a new day and it´s then Monday, and give it a new try

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,544 mod
    edited March 10

Oh, somehow i thought you were using the S3. My bad. We'll find a way.

Oh, S4 has a reset button for tempo: SHIFT + SYNC, although this also deactivates the pitch fader, so you have to press it twice.

• djvic91
    djvic91 Member Posts: 84 Helper
    edited March 11

sorry for that

• Sûlherokhh

Wrong thread. Go to the section "Social Club" and post your financial advice there. This thread is about coding.

• djvic91

didnt mean anything wrong by it just no how hard its been to upgrade throughout the years. ive been able to upgrade because a friend help me out. no bad intentions ill take it down

• Sûlherokhh

Thanks. This wasn't meant as a personal attack. I just get angry when somebody tries to give me advice (especially financial) when i didn't ask for it. Also my gut reaction is to be suspicious about any kind of 'great opportunity' when fraudster abound in the web.

• djvic91

ok totally understandable

btw i did it because of this ,I would like the S4😪 . we good 👍️

• Sûlherokhh

I much prefer a pair of rugged Kontrol D2s, more suited to my modular setup, easier to transport and to fit in a DJ booth. For me the S4MK3 is like a beautiful car. I've take it to live events only twice. Usually i have it in storage, taking it out primarily for coding. :)

• pixel
    pixel Member Posts: 148 Advisor

can you correct that for me ^^

right.deck_select.4 I've already tried it too

MappingPropertyDescriptor { id: deckSelect; path: "mapping.state.right.deck_select.d"; type: MappingPropertyDescriptor.Boolean; value: false }
    Wire { from: "s3.right.deck_select.d"; to: HoldPropertyAdapter { path: "mapping.state.right.deck_select.d" } }

• Sûlherokhh
    edited March 12

I think HoldPropertyAdapter needs a 'Value: X' to work, at least. There may be an optional 'ResetValue:' for when you release the control, default ResetValue is zero.

Edit: What editor are you using. Notepad++ makes it easy to search through a whole folder of files. So i found this...

HoldPropertyAdapter { path: "YourPath"; value: "YourHoldValue"; defaultValue: "YourResetValue" }

• Sûlherokhh
    edited March 12

Update to V6

Incorporated all the last improvements and ironed out some creases. I am now taking a break. WiP list will be worked on at a later date. Download link as well as detailed info on the changes can be found in the first post (link in my signature).

Feel free to comment on the results. Any coffee flowing my way is very much appreciated. ❤️

Updated work in progress:

• FX presets (current work focus).
    • Display LoopIn-/LoopOut points on the stripe, green colouring of the looping part of the waveform when the loop is active.

🦋

• pixel

Thanks for the explanation, but actually I wanted the correct path to use the key (Deck Select D).

path: "mapping.state.right.deck_select.d"

I will search further

• Sûlherokhh
    edited March 12

Apart from the paths that NI uses with software to assign values from the preferences window, you can choose which ever names you like with the MappingProperties.

The s3 uses 'topDeckFocus' to determine which decks are currently active, true means deck A (left) or B (right), false means deck C or deck D.

When you press the 'D' button, "mapping.state.right.top_deck_focus" (which starts out as true in it's MappingPropertyDescriptor) is set to false.

Note: In S3Side.qml it says

MappingPropertyDescriptor
       {
         id: topDeckFocus;
         path: propertiesPath + ".top_deck_focus";
         type: MappingPropertyDescriptor.Boolean;
         value: true;
         onValueChanged:
         {
           updatePads();
         }
       }

so

path: propertiesPath + ".top_deck_focus"

Going up a level, in S3.qml, propertiesPath is defined as:

S3Side
     {
         id: right
         name: "right"
         surface: "s3.right"
         propertiesPath: "mapping.state.right"
         topDeckIdx: 2
         bottomDeckIdx: 4
     }

meaning

propertiesPath: "mapping.state.right"

so

path: propertiesPath + ".top_deck_focus"

is equivalent to

path: "mapping.state.right" + ".top_deck_focus"

is equivalent to

path: "mapping.state.right.top_deck_focus"

This is also the way you find out the names of various controls, following the path of 'surface' up the levels.

• pixel

Thanks, that's it, now I finally know.🤗

Now you can take your break😁😉

• pixel
    edited March 13

I have updated my files (Traktor Kontrol S3)😃

• Jogwheel Beatcounter LED
    • Jogwheel Browsing (VIEW-JOGWHEEL) (Big Jumps VIEW-SHIFT+JOGWHEEL)
    • VinylBreak (SHIFT+PLAY)
    • Jogwheel LED PhaseMeter (MOVE_TOUCH+LOOP_TOUCH)
    • DeckUnload (only at deck stop) (SHIFT+LOOP_TOUCH)
    • scratchBlink (play button)
    • DeckTypeSwitch (Deck: A,B,C SHIFT+EXT) Cycles through 1-3 deck types, as long as the corresponding deck is not playing (Track Deck ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Stem Deck ➔ Track Deck). (Deck: D SHIFT+EXT) Cycles through all deck types, as long as the corresponding deck is not playing (Track Deck ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Stem Deck ➔ Live Deck ➔ Track Deck). (EXT) Switch MIC D - LINE

Please create a backup of the original files