KK S61 MK3 + Logic Pro X hangs when in Midi 2.0 mode

Linzdp
Linzdp Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited 1:49PM in Komplete Kontrol

On a MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1 running Logic Pro X 10.8.1. When Midi 2.0 mode is checked in settings on Logic and KK MK3 is switched to Midi 2.0 mode, Logic hangs(spinning ball) when a note is played on the keyboard even if a default logic(non-Kontakt) instrument is chosen. Also no sound is generated. Logic has to be force quit and restarted without KK MK3 connected, switched back to non Midi 2.0 mode and KK switch back to Midi 1.0 for things to work normal.

I thought MK3's big feature is support for Midi 2.0, so its disappointing that its not working.

Anyone has the same issue? And when can we expect a fix?

Tagged:

Comments

• Linzdp
    Linzdp Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

This is the setting in Logic

• Zenda
    Zenda Member Posts: 16 Member

Correct, No midi transfer (whether Logic nor Ableton, nor KK standalone) if MK3 is switched to Midi 2.0. Plus Logic freezes while starting.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 665 Guru

Midi 2.0 in Logic Pro X is borked. Best to untick the tick for now, until they debug it properly.

• ROBBMAC
    ROBBMAC Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 3

Same issues with Intel Mac OS 14.3 and KK S61 Mk3. Assuming there is still no fix.

I got the S61 about a week ago and had it working with MIDI 2.0 as far as I could tell until I upgraded to Mac OS Sonoma last night.

• Maciej Repetowski

I love Logic, but untick that tick 🤣

Apple's Midi 2.0 implementation is unworkable at the moment. So this one is on Apple and not on NI.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
    edited February 4

Are there any hosts that properly support MIDI 2 yet, afaik only Multitrack Studio and maybe Cubase do (since Logic's support is clearly flakey).

My understanding is MIDI 2 support in the MkIII keyboard is not fully activated yet, probably due to the lack of DAW support, you need both really otherwise it's pointless (and plugin support of course as well, how many plug-ins support MIDI 2?)

• ROBBMAC
    ROBBMAC Member Posts: 2 Member

Well thanks to you all in this thread cause I would have been screwing around with this all day and I not seen this response. Confirmed that unticking MIDI 2.0 (setting 1.0) in both Logic and in the S61 hardware settings got me back up and running.

This is my first Native Instruments device and this issue appears to be on Apple, but this experience hasn't been as plug and play as I would have hoped at this price point. However, once it's finally working this thing is NIIIICE! Much more useful than the Akai MPK 249 I stepped up from (I could never get the knobs and faders on that thing to work with Logic).

• d0stenning
    d0stenning Member Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 17

Yeah I bought a KEYSTAGE 47 to begin exploring the MIDI 2.0 world - given one reads several DAWs already support part of the spect - plus Apple - with their OSX *claims* has done so for years now. Hmmmmm,..

But on trying it with Logic 11 - no joy.

That - and the fact KEYSTAGE uses non-infinite encoders… like WHAAAT?? so I returned it within the statutory 2 week return to dealer period.

We're close guys and gals but still a bit early to jump in as a user,

• Maciej Repetowski

Yes, the lack of infinite encoders with Korg Keystage is incomprehensible. Like, they had this controller, it was shaping up to be really good and then they made a lemon 🤔

This discussion has been closed.