KK 3.0 size issue with spitfire library

Azetoth
Azetoth Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited January 11 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello

I Have an issue with KK since 3.0 with Spitfire Libraries. It is impossible to expend the articulation panel:

Spitfire is configured to open as full expendend and should display like this:

But it opens in reduced mode like that:

If I click on the small arrows on top right near the "SO BBC symphony orchestra" logo, player should expand and present the articulation panel.

But when I click, the windows expands its size as if it will show the panel but immediatly size back to initial dimensions.

For the moment the solution was to fall back to version 2.9.6 of Komplete Kontrol and panel behavior works as expected.

But it is no ideal.

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,882 Expert

I'd suggest stick with 2.9, while it may not seem ideal there are quite a few issues in v3 that need to be resolved so maybe check it again in a few months and see if it has improved.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,615 mod

The free version expands for me in 3.11

• Azetoth
    edited January 15

Hello, thank you for your awsner,

I tried with Komplete Kontrol version 3.0.3 and 3.1.0 (this is the last version proposed by Native Access)

Is it some beta version (3.11)?

Have this issue in both BBCSO version Core/Discover(free version)

• Azetoth

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I check Komplete Kontrol version 3.0.3 and 3.1.0 . Native Access don't show me a version 3.11. Is it a beta version ?

I have this issue on both version of BBCSO Free (Discover) and Core on KK 3.0.3 (or superior).

• Kymeia
    edited January 16

No it’s the latest version, what is your system?

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 180 Advisor

Strange.

Here on my Windows system (also having the latest NA 3.8.0 installed) I also cannot see any KK 3.1.1 yet...

• Kymeia

It's OK I'm home now, I was posting from work and misremembered, it is still 3.1.0 so we are on the same version, just I'm on Mac and you on Win. I don't have any full Spitfire versions to check with, only the free BBC SO and Labs

• jottweh
    jottweh Member Posts: 36 Member
    edited February 2

I have the same problem with the Spitfire GUI since Komplete Kontrol 3.0: the "Expand" button doesn't respond and the "Settings" button doesn't exist. Have a look at this screenshot:

If I click on the "Expand" button, KK only flickers briefly and immediately shows the collapsed view again.

I have installed the newest version 3.1.1 of KK.

• Kymeia

I think if you can open Spitfire plugin in another DAW and in settings you set it to always expanded that setting is retained globally

• jottweh

I have now noticed the following about your suggestion: If you load the "Spitfire Plugins" via the Komplete Kontrol browser, then the problem described generally occurs (as is well known, you cannot find these "Dedicated Plugins" via the Brand filter). However, if I load the plugin directly via the KK plugin chain, the plugins are loaded correctly and you can collapse or expand the GUI via the button in the interface.

The "Light Guide" of the VSTi is still not displayed correctly on the Komplete Kontrol Keyboard 😥

But at least again with KONTAKT plugins 😀

• Kymeia
    edited February 3

The "Light Guide" of the VSTi is still not displayed correctly on the Komplete Kontrol Keyboard

Yeah I think that is because they have not updated them using the NKS VST3 SDK yet (if that is available now)

• Kymeia

If you load the "Spitfire Plugins" via the Komplete Kontrol browser, then the problem described generally occurs (as is well known, you cannot find these "Dedicated Plugins" via the Brand filter). However, if I load the plugin directly via the KK plugin chain, the plugins are loaded correctly and you can collapse or expand the GUI via the button in the interface.

I only have the free BBC Orchestra but I can definitely find it under brands and load it via NKS and it does expand (although I set it to only load expanded anyway)

• jottweh
    edited February 3

@Kymeia

… let's have a look to this two screenshots: Search via "brand" and via search term (the plugins marked with a "red cross" are "Spitfire dedicated Plugins") …

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 129 Advisor

That is exactly what I get. Spitfire needs to do some work to get these other libraries NKS compatible again. That's the marketing that they were sold under and at the moment they are NOT compatible. Sure, there are "work-arounds" but that's not what we paid for.

• Kymeia

Yes I know, just saying neither of these issues seem to be a thing with the free one which is weird (that's all I have by them anyway)