Can't get Guitar Rig 7 to work with my Line 6 UX2 soundcard

sethgengler
sethgengler Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Guitar Rig & FX

I can't seem to get Guitar Rig 7 to work with my Line 6 UX2 soundcard, I was able to get Guitar Rig 5 to work with it just fine until I updated the Guitar Rig software and now that won't work either

Best Answer

• sethgengler
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the reply, kind of forgot about this but yes, doing a fresh re-install of Guitar Rig 7 made everything come back to life and it sounds great, I really like the product. Awesome upgrade from Guitar Rig 5 which I also like.

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,624 mod

Did you update anything else apart from Guitar Rig? Does the UX2 appear in other music software? I know people had a few problems with it running with Windows 10 ages ago but not sure if that got fixed or not.

-- Mike

• sethgengler

Thank you for your response Mike. I didn't update the UX2 at all, it has one newer release for the driver for that unit but I know that has issues. Kind of thinking about seeing if I can uninstall the latest Guitar Rig 5 update to the previous just to see if I can get that working at least

• sethgengler

Ok so I uninstalled Guitar Rig 7 and Guitar Rig 5 came back to life with my Line 6 UX2 soundcard, I suppose GR 7 is compatible with my Line 6 product, what are your thoughts on this?

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru

Can you clarify "doesn't work"? Does it not show up in the list of audio devices in GR7, does it show up but the sound is distorted, is there no sound?

You probably figured it out already, but In GR7, you select your audio interface, inputs and outputs in the screen below. If your audio interface isn't listed under devices, then I would check Windows to make sure your device is recognized and working properly.

• sethgengler

Yeah so when I installed GR7 and ran the program my UX2 didn't pop up in the list of audio devices, said soundcard disconnected or something like that, it also caused GR5 to not work anymore but I was still able to use POD Farm just fine with my UX2. Once I uninstalled GR7, GR5 started working with my soundcard again like it did before installed GR7

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru

Well it definitely seems like they've changed something in GR7.

Are you on Windows? This sounds like one of those ASIO vs whatever the other types of drivers are.

I would submit a support ticket. In the meantime perhaps a forum member versed in Windows sound issues can help you out.

• sethgengler

Thank you for your help, yes I have Windows 10, Ill submit a support ticket and see what they have to say, I think you are right about the ASIO driver

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,851 mod

@sethgengler Looking in your support request, it seems reinstalling Guitar Rig 7 fixed the issue.

• sethgengler
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the reply, kind of forgot about this but yes, doing a fresh re-install of Guitar Rig 7 made everything come back to life and it sounds great, I really like the product. Awesome upgrade from Guitar Rig 5 which I also like.

This discussion has been closed.