Feedback - Komplete Kontrol 3.0

Comments

• BOOM BAP XL
    BOOM BAP XL Member Posts: 1 Member

Took me 5 minutes to realise that KK v3 is complete trash and have uninstalled it already.

Soon as I realised tagging options have been limited and that I can no longer view presets and the gui at the same time... wow.. just wow.. talk about going backwards.

Wasn't that impressed with the new keyboard range either.. NI are devoid of any forward thinking ideas at this point not to mention that Maschine Software v3 is a myth.

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 180 Advisor
    edited November 2023

Don‘t you also get the submenus „VST3“ and „VST“, when clicking the „+“ icon? Did you check your plug-in path settings and have you performed a manual plugin scan?

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,322 Guru

All is working fine for me too. I am only seeing VST3 however...but I've purged VST2 instruments from my laptop rig.

• nightjar
    edited November 2023

@tempsperdu: Surely it would be prudent to have the presets collapse into groups given the size of some of the expansions.

I like how the new browser layout makes reducing the huge amount of presets into smaller groups more friendly to the eye.

New layout of search criteria across the top (Instrument: Brand/Sound Type/Character) quickly and logically reduces the found set to a more manageable size to consider.

And so the "collapsing" groups you wish for are flexible based on user desire.

• dogbreath11
    dogbreath11 Member Posts: 73 Member

haha i came back to this thread after a couple of weeks away and the first thing i read was kk3 is complete trash lol

skimming thru the pages ive missed it seems more and more people are disatisfied with v3

this update turned out to be a disaster and 90% of kk users seem to agree looking at all of the talk on the internet. i really hope ni pull their finger out and fix this. im still using v2 and have absoluetly no desire to update to v3.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 424 Pro

No...this software is a complete abomination.

OK, although I have an S61 MK II, I don't currently have the space to use it.

Mainly being a Maschine user, I've never really used or needed KK, but I have tried to keep it up to date with my extensive plugins

When I have tried to open the last two versions, for no known reason it has tried to rescan all my plugins and often failed. After taking 3 hours, it really seemed to have done it.

Lo and behold, when I check it today, it has a huge list of plugin paths which I may or may not have set. I would have set them years ago before I went through a rationalisation of my plugin paths.

However, no plugins are showing in plugins, and the Library seems to only contain Instrument Libraries !!!!! ******!!!!

It will now have to wait till Wednesday before I'll have time to attempt another Manual rescan.

I repeat... how the hell was this released??????

I gather KK never received a great deal of love, but it was afaics a lightweight wrapper that enabled people to use NI products with whatever keyboard.

What is it trying to be now? A bad version of Kontakt???? I really don't get it............................

• tempsperdu

I don't seem to have any way of reducing the presets into smaller groups other than selecting a category or app, some of which have hundreds that it would make sense to be able to collapse into whatever seemed applicable.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

Ah I remembered something else that has been a longstanding FR - to fix the search logic. It is all wrong. If I want to find sounds that are both, for example, Deep and Dark I should be able to click the tags Deep and Dark and just get sounds that have both attributes, instead KK still gives me all sounds in each category. Ideally we need to be able to use Boolean's like AND and OR. I will add this to my list of things KK really needed other than modal windows.

• tempsperdu

But NI only collects FR's they never actually produce them which is why they can show such extensive growing lists....................😥

• nightjar
    edited November 2023

You should be able to reduce the number of presets displayed in the Browser by various selections... choosing one particular Library, or a Brand, or a Sound Type/Character

Many ways to reduce the number of presets into a smaller group.

Aside from @Kymeia request for a method of AND/OR found sets, what sort of other groupings would you want within the current limits of tagging?

• tempsperdu

As I said, if I'm choosing, I would like to be able to collapse to drums, bass, piano, whatever as a sub category of what I chose.

ATM, it's a total mess. Say I chose Bass as category... I have 11697 presets with seemingly no way of further refining.

If I chose George Duke Soul Treasures, I get 503 presets with seemingly no way of further refining.

If chose One Shot and an expansion, say Street Swarm, I get 699 presets with seemingly no way of further refining.

Der..............................

I don't get anything about this release. Why is it half assedly duplicating uncalled-for features from a still dubious version of Kontakt?

• nightjar

It seems something is not working correctly with your install of KK3. I can certainly further refine the selections as you state them. I have not heard of others having the problem you describe.

• tempsperdu
    edited November 2023

Well, it's what NA gave me ...

I can try a reinstallation, but I doubt it will change things.

I have lots of problems with NI products. Maschine can take up to eight minutes to open. KK too. Kontakt takes over 2 minutes to open in Bitwig and Reaper...

It may well have something to do with the amount of plugins I have because I have had the same problems on two very different systems, however it is also an NI problem because none of my other programmes have such issues...........................

And I still don't 'get' the purpose of this release or cough 'direction' it appears to be heading in... maybe someone from NI can actually make it have some sense...................

• nightjar

Well, I hope you are able to sort this out. Perhaps an issue with locations and scanning or ???

But what you are experiencing (no "+" loading of VST's, and lack of preset filter refinement) sounds very frustrating, but not how KK3 should be behaving as intended at this stage.

• nightjar

Boolean selection would be a nice option to have. Perhaps implemented by holding down the option key when selecting a criteria and its highlight changing to red.

This discussion has been closed.