Guitar Rig 7 Pro - How to delete COMPONENT user presets?

2»

Answers

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod

Shouldn't be hard to do, but no promises as to if (or when) we can ship this.

• TORLEY
    TORLEY Member Posts: 93 Helper

@Eddie_NI Thanks for setting expectations, and appreciative as always of your insights. If anyone would find this feature useful, please speak up! 🙌

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod

We have added the customizable user INIT preset with the Guitar Rig 7.0.2 update that we released yesterday. All you have to do is save a user preset called INIT and it will be used instead of the factory INIT preset when you insert the component into the rack.

Thank you for the feature suggestion!

• TORLEY

YESSSS! THANK YOU FOR THE FOLLOWUP @Eddie_NI ! So thrilled to see it all official and beautiful in the release notes.

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 248 Pro

And the metronome remains visible in collapsed view, very nice! 😊

Thanks @Eddie_NI and GR7 developers!

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,839 mod

Great news

• TORLEY

@Eddie_NI I was smiling so much while I used this today in practice. Custom INIT has made it a lot easier for me to reduce the number of steps I need to take to setup custom FX chains.

This replaces my older workflow, where I used to click each time to select a user preset I intended to be "default" — now it's just insert component and ready to rock! 🙌🎸

• Wouter De Muynck

After all the concerns and negative vibes in the "What will happen to Guitar Rig 6"-times, I think the time is right to express some gratitude to the GR7 team. From it's first release GR7 has been running smoothly IMHO and I can only acknowledge that feature requests and feedback are taken into account. So, shout out to all involved in GR7 and looking forward to future releases!

Grtz,

Wouter

• TORLEY
    edited January 16

Hear here! @Wouter thanks for putting this positivity in perspective. I think it's important to followup and acknowledge when a change makes a difference.

My story with Guitar Rig is a funny one: I've used it in various ways on-and-off for the sheer multi-FX, not for the guitar-centric usages. My observation is that it'd benefit from broader marketing awareness of how GR7 contains a subset of so many NI effects, so in many workflows, someone can replace individual NI plugins with GR7 and gain superior routing abilities too. Anyway, I saw the GR7 announcement and was attracted because of the new tape effects and other improvements like ICM (getting iZotope Trash more integrated is rad, I used that back in the day).

And so, as I came to use it more, I began to notice things that I thought would positively affect others' experience. And that's how I found my way here.

Keep it up and awesome, GR7 team! 🙌🎸

• Wouter
    Wouter Member Posts: 12 Member

@TORLEY you tagged the wrong person.

• Wouter De Muynck

@TORLEY , I have been using Guitar Rig since version 1 and it has changed drasticly, but in a positive sense. I expect the NI/iZotope tools to integrate even more in the future, where Guitar Rig will become "The Rig" for whatever purpose it is used. I'm in favour, as long as they embrace guitar and more importantly bass players 😁

This discussion has been closed.