The Maschine 4 (Speculative) Thread

Comments

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 214 Advisor

NI have marked the b stock price for the Maschine MK3 down to $299. Hopefully the MK4 will be announced soon.

• circuitslave
    circuitslave Member Posts: 1 Member

Everybody loves shiny new hardware; however, they really need to update the software (Maschine 3.0 !) as well.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,255 mod

🧢

Stop playing with peoples feelings man... 😂 Your fake "leak" statement was enough.

• D-One
    edited October 2023

Heck yeah, release a HW every year, almost like Expansions, apparently people would buy them.... Like they do for smartphones with minimal improvements every year 🤷‍♂️

🤑

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 172 Pro

I’ve been so busy last couple weeks the only time I have to play my instruments comes in short bursts of 15-30min here and there. I would upgrade to new hardware if the only new feature was faster load times. Seems like 10% of a quickly session is just getting the Maschine to power on and load a program.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,322 Guru

Steep discount = buy with awareness that next generation is rumbling at the gates...

So don't cry when current generation can't do some cool new stuff.

• D-One
    edited October 2023

Humm... NI actually sells B Stock on Reverb.com officially? Interesting... That one must be really "blemished" bad because the cheapest I can find is 391Eur (414 USD)

If folks wanna interpret b stock cheap opportunities poping up as an MK4 being released soon, be my guest. IMO It means nothing..

• D-One
    edited October 2023

Absolutely. I think it's possible tho, Expansions clearly sell like hotcakes or there wouldn't be so many releases, heck I'd happily pay for SW upgrades, im sure lots of others would too.

The only possible counter argument is the fact that new HW does not mean the older ones are obsolete at all, an MK2 released in 2012 still works fine today, heck even an MK1 from 2009 if you're on Windows... This was the beauty of controllers, one can just upgrade the pc and keep the controller, if the standalone counterpart (M+) will also last a decade or more remains to be seen.

In todays age people also seem to mix hardware and software, theres this expectation that new HW cames with a major SW version, I'd bet that what lots of folks asking for new HW really want is better SW but aren't really that deep into the tech to know what to ask for... Theres not a single feature in the top 20 requests that needs new physical HW.

• Milkman
    Milkman Member Posts: 233 Advisor

There will be a moment in time where we manufacture our final disposable controller, our final non-durable economy car, our final heavy metals + forever chemical-laden circuit boards, our final gigaton batch of hybrid plastics. I wonder when that moment will be? Will it be before or after the MK5 series?

I think we are all still stuck at the bargaining stage. It's a shame people who arent even born yet will get to deal with the next stage, because we have ensured they will.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,408 Expert
    edited October 2023

I'd happily pay for SW upgrades, im sure lots of others would too.

They will never understand this.

If the other option will make them gain even only 5€ more, they’ll go that route

This discussion has been closed.