Feedback - Komplete Kontrol 3.0

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

So maybe a viable solution to the need to drag and drop samples into a plugin or the sampler module, based on this view, would be to make it possible for the plugin icon to be a drag target?

• GPB
    GPB Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Yes very disappointed in this “update” .. I was very close to buying Komplete 14 .. but to be honest this might mean I never use KK again … completely ruined my workflow .. admittedly I could have investigated before blindly upgrading .. but feel that should not be the case for a tool I’ve been using for years .. from a “respected” company

INKOMPLETE KONTROL

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,322 Guru
    edited October 2023

Thanks for the reply @Matthew_NI (I do suspect you're on a well-deserved break by the time I've posted this).

I was aware of the pin function, and it does help improve my preferred way to browse when new MK3 connected.... I'm one of the minority(?) that leans much more heavily on desktop GUI vs on-devise display. I personally would be fine if on-devise display just identified macro parameters/levels and made zero attempt to browse.. ha!

And I often fire up Kontakt/Komplete Kontrol on my laptop with no keyboard connected. So having the "desktop" browsing/auditioning/editing/designing have excellent "one-window workflow" is important to me... and maybe a few others too?

Heck if I know how odd I am to for having enjoyed all 3 generations of S-series keyboards, but never with much interest with on-device browsing.... I'm all about those 8 parameter knobs for macros and remote DAW control!

Desktop browsing has always seem a million times better to me than on-device.

• Doobox
    Doobox Member Posts: 63 Helper

"I don't know why I didn't mention this before - I think making users aware of PIN goes quite a long way to allay any frustration regarding preset to preset browsing."

I dare say it will, but having to point that out kinda emphases some of the points made by users about UI / UX.

• katanalevy
    katanalevy Member Posts: 1 Member

Really disappointing to see how much of a downgrade this new version is. I can't believe we still can't resize the UI.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 282 Pro

I cant help but think that the Team committed to October hardware release some time ago and there was no turning back the clock to get more time to get the software more polished. Performance pressure is something we all face at times. They have made the roadmap satisfactorily clear and so I can let that be. They probably worked like dogs for months to get it to this point. That is life in the corporate work. I can relate. Deadlines suck!

That is not saying anything about why they made some decisions that they did but that does not change the fact that they worked their collective ****** for the final push to the drop date.

So in contrast to all my ****** and moaning thus far, thanks for your efforts.

I do believe 3.0 will be awesome at some point and I will eventually get my MK3 and all will be good.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,888 Expert

The next most common was the ability to see more, particularly when browsing presets. As other users have noted, you can already drag the bar across to view more presets, and I'll repeat what has already been said earlier: we're now set up to implement the same browser resizing as Kontakt 7 as a next step. I believe this directly addresses your feedback. Could you confirm?

I dont use K7 but basically, what I think almost everyone wants is for the preset and tag filter to be displayed along with the plugin itself all in the same convenient window.... like it is in V2. KK is suppose to be a nice, convenient and simplified browser to find a sound, get it into a production and start the writing process. A lot of users do not use the keyboard for initial browsing rather use the mouse and keyboard then after an instrument is found, switch to the keyboard and possibly from there start browsing but the initial interaction is usually (from my gained experience) using the software first and as it is now, there are many more clicks and mouse movements needed to do the same thing, IMO it makes KK a chore now.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,888 Expert

Yeah especially since they dont use high res thumbs and start to just get blurry

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,322 Guru
  • dogbreath11
    dogbreath11 Member Posts: 73 Member

everyone agrees except ni. great way to alienate your users. i know im one of many that wont be buying a mk3 keyboard now. im gonna stick with kk2 until windows or my pc no longer supports it. there is a big pro to this update tho, im going to be saving money buying more libraries. i think there is a hole in the market for another software developer to fill now, i hope somebody like cherry audio fills it. anyone tried unify?

• Anatomie Music
    Anatomie Music Member Posts: 4 Member

Also- they missed a long time wish of KK users to have the very basic function of being able to load a preset- apply effects in a chain- and save the whole mess as a recallable 'channel strip.'

The only way you can do this is by launching KK in a DAW and making the channel strip- and then you always have to use it in the DAW. If you are just a performing keyboardist, or someone who just wants to reuse signature keyboard sounds- KK is really frustrating for this reason.

• d0stenning
    d0stenning Member Posts: 25 Member

What about M32 users? We/I DO need to use the screen - since there’s only a tiny OLED on the device. So please - make KK usable. I find it amazing that the code for such a large range of hardware - along with all the NKS stuff sold to work with KK - is given so little love and attention by NI. Or is it all being diverted to NKS2 users ?

• Riffraff
    Riffraff Member Posts: 2 Member

having used KKv2 I’ve always thought it’s interface was poorly designed like it was decades past its welcome.

like how can anyone create an all encompassing preset browser and management system yet only show 3 lines of presets at a time? It makes no sense.

is it really that difficult to just draw something on paper that looks usable and replicate it in software.

This looks like it was created by a product designer and not someone actually using it

This discussion has been closed.