Blurry Waveforms No Sound (Traktor Pro 3.7.1)

DjAnibal Laracuente
DjAnibal Laracuente Member Posts: 22 Member
edited January 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I already have 3 events where Traktor has left me without sound and I have to restart the computer leaving everyone silent. I returned to version 3.6.1. The problem passes at the moment and the waveforms become blurred and there is no way to make it respond. After exiting Traktor the Macbook Pro does not close completely. I have done it with the Kontrol S4 Mk3 conctado at the same time with the kontrol D2. and also with Pioneer SZ. All connections are new. And I change them when the problem happens to me.

Macbook Pro 13" Intel Quad Core i5. 2018 OS Monterrey.Ver 12.1

Traktor Kontrol S4 Mk3, Pioneer SZ, Kontrol D2 x2.

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

The blurry waveform phenomenon happened to me in the past on occasions when traktor lost access to the currently playing audio file. I solved it by making sure that the external harddrive i have my music on is always secure in it's socket and that the usb hardware never powers down (via device manager on my windows machine). There should be similiar settings/controls on mac systems. I also run on i5, but with win10.

• casewag
    casewag Member Posts: 2 Member

I've experienced this same issue several times recently. Was never an issue before I updated to Ventura.

2019 2.4 GHz MBP 13" Intel Quad Core i5 on Ventura 13.1

I'm using an S4 MK3.

I cant find the cause of the issue, doesnt seem to be related to bad audio files or other software running (I'd turned everything else off the last couple of times it occurred). Any help would be much appreciated, starting to browse Pioneer products...

• Timothy Dwight
    Timothy Dwight Member Posts: 4 Member

I am often having this happen to me as well. Can't tell what the issue is. It happens unexpectedly while playing.

I am using: Traktor Kontrol Z2, 1 Kontrol X1 MK2, 1 Technics Turntable with Phase DJ.

I don't understand what causes it. Like other have mentioned, the waveform turns blurry and stops responding to the timecode signal from phase dj on my TT. It usually happens on one deck at first, then after a minute or so it happens on the other deck as well. No audio on either deck. To resolve I have to quit Traktor, and when I do Traktor doesn't shut down completely and it stops responding, so I have to force quit.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Naji-Mat
    Naji-Mat Member Posts: 3 Member

Same here (with Traktor S4 Mk3).

Has anyone found a fix for this, or even how to steadily reproduce this error...?

It honestly feels so irresponsible to go out and play live knowing at any given time sound could just go away, killing the dancefloor for a minute or two.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

3.6 and 3.7 both had crashed a lot on my computers - do not recommend running those versions to anyone. 3.8 and 3.9 (current public beta) are rock solid so far.

Is this happening with streaming services or with audio files too?

• casewag
    casewag Member Posts: 2 Member

Sorry to report I did not find a fix or cause of the issue. Spent a lot of hours digging through forums and support threads, no luck. I’ve since moved on to a stand-alone pioneer unit.

• Naji-Mat
    Naji-Mat Member Posts: 3 Member

So far this is the best solution. Incredible.

NI - where art thou...? 😥

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
  • AlJA
    AlJA Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks for for the repost!!

and sorry for my bad english.

I think I solved my problem, by Installing ASIO4all - deaktivating my Soundcard - Restart and aktivating Soundcard again. Havent got the Problem again since nearly 2Weeks.

Greetings Alex

• Araik
    Araik Member Posts: 2 Member

Hello everyone, who found a solution to this problem?

• DjAnibal Laracuente

The low latency or buffer is the possible problem. Im test with 512 and up. At this time no blurry waveforms appears. Keep testting.

• DjAnibal Laracuente

Testing latency at 512 or more, I had no problems with blurry waveform. Thanks to Araik for the advice. Traktor 3.9 is running smooth and solid. ✌️

• ChrisMadem
    ChrisMadem Member Posts: 17 Member

I am in 3.9 version since the first release date ! After 60 days without problems suddenly the phenomenon with blurry waveform and no sound happen again …and happens 3 more times …any solution?

MacBook m2 chip 8gb ram

3.9 version

monterey

cdjs 3.000 and s2mk3

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Helper
    The user and all related content has been deleted.