What is happening with NI Support (Trying to license a Maschine Mk3)?

VoidCtrl
VoidCtrl Member Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2023 in Maschine

Earlier this week I purchased a used Maschine Mk3 but cannot register the serial and cannot obtain a License Transfer ID to register it on NI Access. No big deal, I'll just open a ticket and NI will solve this for me as many people on NI's Forums and Reddit have suggested in my search as to how to solve this. I open a ticket on Tuesday or Wednesday, I believe, and then realize that there is no way for me to track the ticket from the email I received after submitting the ticket i.e., there's no links in the email so I can check the status on the ticket. The "My Activity" page where you can view your tickets is "under maintenance" and has been that way since I became aware of its existence. Okay, whatever, I'll get an answer soon via the ticket I opened.

While I waited, I dug around about getting in touch with support and learn that there is in fact, a Live Chat. Cool! I followed this link from Google: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005496978-Live-Chat-Support-for-Account-and-Order-Support-Topics, which at the time I visited it was working and would then forward you to here: Account & Registration – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com) where you can start a ticket or open up a chat.

I never was able to get in touch via Chat the first time I visited the second link, as it said it was outside of business hours. Now today when I visit the exact same page it doesn't even pretend to try to connect to Chat and there's no mention of chat either. Which tracks because the first link in this post which triumphantly exclaimed how there's a convenient chat feature is now an "Oops, the page you were looking for doesn't exist"

And since I can't for the life of me seem to track my first ticket due to the "My Activity" page being under maintenance, I did a cardinal sin of support tickets and opened a second one just so that I can bookmark it since once you submit the ticket and leave the page, there's no going back via My Activity.

So what's going on at NI? What's the lead time to get a response/resolution on my ticket when it seems like NI is deleting/restructuring major parts of how support works?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,591 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

@VoidCtrl My colleagues got back to you on Monday and fixed the issue. In such cases support usually contacts the seller then if seller doesn't reply, serials are transferred to the new owner. In cases support just provides the serial for the software without the new user having to buy anything more. The policy has changed last year in this regard.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

Firstly, you should sort it with the seller. The seller should provide you with the Licence Transfer number....

NI tries to help in situations like yours, but it is not their responsibility, it is the favour. One should not rely on that NI will sort it out. It has happened twice to me that support told me, that they cannot do anything about it and I have to ask seller to sort things out for me....

Support usually replies in day, two. Sometimes it takes longer, if there is many requests.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,868 mod
    edited January 2023

The seller also keeps his software license when transferring it over, so really there are zero reasons for him not to do it.. Sort it out with him/her if you can.

Support might just offer to sell you the software, not sure they can do anything else but by all means try.

From my experience support usually, replies within 1-3 days. (weekend days don't count ovbiously)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,591 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

@VoidCtrl My colleagues got back to you on Monday and fixed the issue. In such cases support usually contacts the seller then if seller doesn't reply, serials are transferred to the new owner. In cases support just provides the serial for the software without the new user having to buy anything more. The policy has changed last year in this regard.