[Giveaway] Get into hybrid vocals and keys with DUETS

Comments

• TLaw
    TLaw Member Posts: 6 Member

Well, this looks like another tweakability treasure. Just onboard, one sees all sorts of ways to sculpt or to go onto another freque-accidents hunt. I like to use tools like this and juxtapose them with the likes of vocoders or transient-based FX. Stacking creative mountains by seeking to make creative tools collide with each other is a key to in-context sound design. You can hear it in my tracks "Uncle Wiggly" or [if you have more time!] "SLOW TIME."

https://soundcloud.com/timothylawsnyder

Gettin' it!

Enjoy, Tim

• dexl
    dexl Member Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2023

Can you use Duets to create your own syllables/words or change the pitch, duration of a phrase?

• MTXD
    MTXD Member Posts: 1 Member

kind of an unusual question for musician forums, but I am curious:

how does the product team come with these unusual and interesting UI designs for these virtual instruments (especially the play series like duets)?

• Jaheid19
    Jaheid19 Member Posts: 36 Member

Duets literally looks cool from a UI standpoint. Not many vocal instruments from NI outside of Glaze so I will wish myself luck and hope I win this giveaway. As for my question it is.... Why would you NOT give Duets away to me for free? I'm awesome

• Zemo72
    Zemo72 Member Posts: 4 Member

These kinds of tools are invaluable to solo artists. Especially ones, that deal with a lot of social anxiety. I used to be very social, and would love to collab with all kinds of musicians, from different genres. But, after having a nervous breakdown, it took me 8 years to recover enough, to even fathom playing music again. I just still have trouble playing with others, as I tend to start shutting down, once I say something awkward. (which I always do) These hybrid VSTs, that are in themselves, a catalyst for creation, help those, like myself, who want to have good, quality vocal options. Great Job, keep em coming!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin
    edited February 2023

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I'll get back with answers from the product team and announce the winner next week. 🤘

• Omegasraft
    Omegasraft Member Posts: 7 Member

Pick Me, pick me! Duets is pure fire!!!

• Chrisland
    Chrisland Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Why? What do I use it for? Why not just use an instrument that already exists and a voice library and mix them together. Guess I want to now the thought behind the library?

• Cannonwynn
    Cannonwynn Member Posts: 5 Member

Everything I do is cinematic whether in songs or soundtracks

So I think duets could be used either for heavenly moods or dark and intense scary situations on film

in songs ?

the same either upbeat hip hop soundtracks or ballads or even hard core metal

thx

can’t wait to use it

• Donkey Oaty
    Donkey Oaty Member Posts: 27 Member

I bought this and ended up using one of the loops. It's a good product and sits well with the rest of the Play Series. My worry is - as soon as you use a loop - the algorithms kick in when you post a song online - and sites start claiming you are plaguerising / using 'copyright' material. Even when your purchase of the NI product concerned gives you the same intellectual rights as other purchasers / users.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,265 Expert

Ah ok…”later this week” from last week has become “next week” this week.

Can we have an official date, so we stop checking this thread every day?

• Kaiwan_NI
  • Kaiwan_NI

The samples from DUETS are of course royalty-free, but we have no influence over how YouTube handles copyrighted materials unfortunately.

If you get copyright strikes from YouTube, best to get in touch with their support team directly in order to clear things up.

• Kaiwan_NI

DUETS and CHOIR OMNIA are two different libraries and it's not possible to import your own samples to DUETS, so using two of them together is not doable sorry!

This discussion has been closed.