Kontakt 7 very very long to launch

Options
1234568»

Answers

• KimChristopher
    KimChristopher Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I think we should be here on the forum every day until NI solves this problem! #FasterLoading

• sacer11
    sacer11 Member Posts: 52 Helper
    Options

At least they are working on a fix.

When i started my first ticket one year ago, the support tried everything, but nothing worked. I showed him this forum link, that others also have this issue on mac and win, but there was no case, where support was able to solve it, so he told me, he would come back to me, but never heard from him again.

They have been aware about this issue long time ago, but as long as only a few customers are having this issue - there is no reason to act. Now I am happy that much more people have the same issue and now they have to handle it. There was alrady a proposal one year ago - to compare the last working versions and remove the ****** code added, that causes the issue.

With my downgraded version I only miss a battery 4 VST3 Version, everything else they have don in these 16 months, was nothing that I miss. I also got Guitar Rig 7 by a izotope update and have never used it, because of loading time, so i haven't compared these versions. Komplete Kontrol 3 was also a big step in the wrong direction and I hope that they don't destroy Maschine the same way.

• trusampler
    trusampler Member Posts: 76 Helper
    Options

#FasterLoading

Any Updates on this yet ?

• trusampler
    trusampler Member Posts: 76 Helper
    Options

Good idea ! Anyone that has slow launching Kontakt 7 please feel free to comment with #FasterLoading as KimChristopher mentioned.

• visfotika
    visfotika Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am still using Kontakt 6 as it is very stable and loads Faster. Because Kontakt 7 takes very long to launch I am not able to use newer libraries so often. Please rectify this issue.

#FasterLoading

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,040 Guru
    Options

You do realize that K6 is retired and none of the new(er) libraries will ever work with it.

That said - as long as you never use Native Access and never update any of the older K6 libraries (which began transitioning to require K7 (v7.6.0 and higher) in Sept 2023) - you should be good to go.

VP

• PhatMonkey
    PhatMonkey Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Kontakt 7 updated today….. Congratulations on a new world record LONGEST start up time annihilating all previous records at 3mins 25 seconds! Amazing stuff NI, congratulations, that oblitarated the previous 1min 45 seconds start up time…. well done….

Windows 11 | 4090 | 14900k | 64g DDR5

• sacer11
    Options

i also have such a fast computer - everything runs so smooth, except of newer NI stuff.

I don't try out new updates until I read maybe some years later in thhis forum, that the problem has been solved

• KimChristopher
    Options

Bizarre. Here I have a few seconds of delay (20s) and I already find it unacceptable. Taking minutes is just bizarre!

#FasterLoading

• Vocalpoint
    edited May 9
    Options

And I am at 2.3 secs from icon click to UI ready for action. Even more bizarre.

VP

• KimChristopher
    Options

I feel discomfort in your answers and actually, if it's working well for you, that's fantastic!

But this is a problem for most of us...

I'm not judging NI negatively as it is an incredible company, so much so that I still use their products.

That's why I trust that they will be able to make the loading time of their new products instantaneous, as happens with Kontakt 6, Guitar Rig 5, among other older ones!
    That's why I keep insisting. Speed ​​and fluidity are important elements for a composer or sound designer's workflow. Don't take it personally.

#FasterLoading

• Vocalpoint
    edited May 9
    Options

@KimChristopher

“But this is a problem for most us”

I get your specific issue but saying this is effecting “most of us” is a tad dramatic.

There are 10s of thousands of users who never come to this forum who - if they all had a three minute startup - it would be major news.

Do not let this forum represent the real world. It is but a tiny subset.

Earlier today NI had weighed in on these long scan times for Kontakt, NA, KK and Maschine over in the Native Access forum.

It’s a good read and also indicates several problems have been discovered and are being worked on.

Why these issues hit some but not all will be figured out but it is very clear there is something else going on for folks with these long scan times

And I believe it will end up being much more than just Kontakt alone.

VP

• KimChristopher
    Options

@Vocalpoint

Exactly.

Maybe I expressed myself badly.
    It's a problem for most of us here on this forum, in this topic. Without any kind of drama.

It's a real situation not only here on the NI forum, I've read complaints on other forums, in reviews, as well as similar notes in other studies that I have contact with.

Note my point... the software used to work incredibly well, after upgrades it no longer works so well.

It is necessary to at least make these notes to the staff at NI.

Anyway, the information you brought about NI evaluating long scanning times for some software is a very positive point and I am grateful for the information!

And as this space is exactly for that, I think it's worth continuing to assert our point, talking to support, until we come up with a good solution for those who are still experiencing this problem.

• sacer11
    Options

my Main SSD has chrashed, so I was forced to do a fresh new installation of windows 11, my DAW and plugins.

I started to install NI as first to see if Kontakt opens up fast again, and it really did.

But I have thousands of plugins, and I was installing them in a week. I checked Kontakt 7 every day during these installations and it started to slow down every day with the increase of installed plugins.

I think I am not the only one, who has much plugins. I also avoided this time to install my old 32 bit plugins with jbridge and I haven’t installed plugins that I haven’t used.

But during the last 20 years - my arsenal has become very big - if some plugins don’t work as expected, like for example PSPaudio is crashing Ableton, I avoid to buy these plugins.

So the same I’ll do with native instruments.

All new Kontakt libraries don’t work in Kontakt 6 and all new Maschine expansions won’t work in Maschine 2.16 but I can’t use latest versions and will not buy from NI again until they have eliminated this behaviour. I still have Komplete 14 CE and everything works on my older versions like Kontakt 6.

I have sold my Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 because I think this software is slowing down my system and it’s better and faster to use Push3 in Ableton. I really liked kore2 but now a lot of kore2 Ableton projects don’t play a kore sound correctly because it can’t be authorised so FM8 / Absynth5 / Massive and Guitar Rig are running in demo and also Kontakt 4 isn’t installed on my system. I also want to avoid the same ****** with Komplete Kontrol. I think it is better to run the plugin directly and map it with my daw customized. It takes long to scan plugins in Komplete Kontrol and some plugins don’t work in Komolete Kontrol.

To take the advantage of the browser I can do it with Maschine and later on I would open the real plugin with the listened NKS preset to avoid Maschine or Komplete Kontrol as host.