Just got a KK 61 S keyboard. Lots of stuck keys

JohnnyD
JohnnyD Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Just downloaded and installed KK software and sound libraries. Everything worked great the first session. Now every time I start my KK mk2 61 s keyboard and the KK software, things look good but i get stick notes constantly. Across all sounds. I do not have a sustain pedal at this time. I'm on a Mac with the latest Ventura OS 13.0.1. Any help greatly appreciated!!

John

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

maybe you can check with a midi monitor app, I'm not a Mac user so you will have to google it yourself. That way you can check if it's a hardware problem or not, normally you press a key and get a signal, and if you release it you also get a midi signal, you then can see it in a table with auch a program.

• JohnnyD
    JohnnyD Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks for the thoughts! I will look for a midi monitor app for the Mac. Anyone else have ideas. Greatly appreciated!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

What DAW are you using? Is it also happening in Komplete Kontrol in standalone? Does it happen with certain instruments and not others? Kontakt instruments? Synths?

When in there, check for MIDI assignments when the keyboard is connected and also disconnected. Delete any unwanted assignment and particularly CC64 or 65 (reponsible for sustain). It's all explained here: Tips: How to fix sustain pedal issues on our keyboards.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

This discussion has been closed.