SonicCharge Microtonic NKS template

Options
Kymeia
Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,741 mod
edited December 2022 in Maschine

Posted this in the NKS User Library thread (under KK) but thought Maschine users may also find this useful. I've made a template for SonicCharge Microtonic Drum Synth (VST3) - it's a very neat little drum machine to integrate into KK and Maschine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4a3ro2w2i5u03jc/Microtonic%20VST3%20NKS.zip?dl=0

This contains all mappings and database files - I made the thumbnails using the Dark skin which I use but feel free to roll your own. I haven't time to save all presets as NKS but I did find that if I save the first one from each categorised bank it loads up the whole bank into Microtonic so I did that for each bank as a starting point for NKS preset saving. Each has a separate bank name.

Comments

• Kymeia
    edited December 2022
    Options

Would a NKS of the Multi Out version be of any use to Maschine users? For KK it's useless but I think Maschine may support it and I can see scenarios where being able to route different drum parts to different channels could be useful. I am not vastly familiar with Maschine or how Maschine users use Microtonic though so post in this thread to let me know - I have seen discussions suggesting that the multi out doesn't work in Maschine with Microtonic (even if in principle it should) so don't want to waste time creating a template that doesn't work

• Kymeia
    Options

OK I made a test project with the Multi out - it seems to work nicely - so will complete the template

• Kymeia
    edited December 2022
    Options

This is updated now to include the Multi Out version for Maschine (with a different skin used for the thumbnails to help distinguish it) and the example multi out Maschine project template I posted earlier. Note the skin/zoom factor is not saved with the NKS so you can choose what you like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmmhtai8k4zs4eg/Microtonic%20VST3%20NKS.zip?dl=0

• Kymeia
    Options

OK is anyone using this? Would be nice to know if it is useful and also if it was worth making the multi out version?

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Options

I had already done it for myself, but yes I am using MT in Maschine for many years, melodic mode too.

• Kymeia
    Options

This now includes the factory v3 and VintageTonic patches and previews

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5u2m5ocbluteihw/Microtonic%20VST3%20NKS.zip?dl=0

Will do some of the addon banks too when I get time

• xc68000
    xc68000 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi, are there any instructions for installing? Sorry new user to KK.

• Kymeia
    edited October 2023
    Options

Where do I put these files?

Put all image thumbnail files in:

Users/Shared/NI Resources/image/synthmaker/synthname (Mac)

\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\image\synthmaker\synthname (Windows)

Database (category and colour info) files go in:

Users/Shared/NI Resources/dist_database/synthmaker/synthname (Mac)

\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\dist_database\synthmaker\synthname (Windows)

The ZIps are setup to basically show you the correct path

The NKS templates and user content files go in:

Users/username/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/synth name (Mac)

Documents\Native Instruments\User Content\synth name (Windows)

Then reopen KK and rescan the user database.