Opengl32sw is stopping my Maschine Essentials from opening does anyone know what or how to fix this?

Geno Hall
Geno Hall Member Posts: 2 Member

When opening Maschine 2 Essentials it gets hung up on VSTs opengl32sw and just sits there. Does anyone have this issue and is there a way to fix it. I tried uninstalling Maschine and Reinstalling and it didn't do anything.?

Best Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    Answer ✓

If you know the VST it gets stuck on, try and remove that VST from the VST folder temporarily. You do not mention your computer system nor have you bothered to fill that info in your profile so cant suggest anything further.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod
    Answer ✓

@Geno Hall Do you have a VST named "opengl32sw" at all? That looks like a graphic card component, not all dll files are VST. You might want to clean up your VST folders set in Maschine and get rid of files that are not vst files.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    Answer ✓

If you know the VST it gets stuck on, try and remove that VST from the VST folder temporarily. You do not mention your computer system nor have you bothered to fill that info in your profile so cant suggest anything further.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod
    Answer ✓

@Geno Hall Do you have a VST named "opengl32sw" at all? That looks like a graphic card component, not all dll files are VST. You might want to clean up your VST folders set in Maschine and get rid of files that are not vst files.

• Geno Hall
    Geno Hall Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2023

Thank you guys for your help. No I don't have a VST folder marked "opengl32sw". I found it once but was scared to completely delete it since I really don't know what its connected to, but if I find it again I will delete and take the chance its not important. The thing is it comes up twice while scanning the computer/vsts, but gets stuck as it rolls through a second time. Its very aggravating and I've had to switch to using my laptop which crashes like crazy...