Kontakt Factory Library 2 "This instrument belongs to a library that is not installed currently"

deadcolony
deadcolony Member Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

Hello,

I own Komplete 14 and have been using Kontakt 7 and the Kontakt Factory Library 2 with no problems at all on one computer, I recently got a second computer and have been attempting to install all my NI products on it.

I have Kontakt 7 installed with no problem and all of my play series instruments, and the original Kontakt Factory Library installed and working with no problems at all, but for some reason when I install successfully (according to Native Access) and then attempt to open an instrument from the Factory Library 2 in Kontakt 7 (standalone and plug in versions have the same problem) I am getting an error message saying

"This instrument belongs to a library that is not currently installed"

I am beyond confused, I have deleted all files relating to both Factory Library 2 and Kontakt 7 multiple times and reinstalled both with no luck, and all the installation paths are correct as they are the exact same as every other NI product I have installed which all work with absolutely no problems.

The library shows up in the library tab of Kontakt 7 with the image, and all of the files are present in the content folder, but even when I try to load the instrument in the browse menu instead of the library tab by locating the exact instrument I am looking for and opening it, I get the same exact result.

The Factory Library 2 works perfectly on my other computer but for some reason this error keeps happening even after 5 attempts to reinstall completely (deleting every file associated with Kontakt 7 and Factory Library 2 in every sub folder on my computer, they are completely deleted so that in Native Access it doesn't show the repair option anymore, just the install option)

What am I missing? What would you suggest?

I only have NI products installed on this current new computer and one other computer so I am not above the 2 machine limit, and both computers are running the exact same OS (Mac OS 13.1 Ventura)

The Factory Library 2 is clearly installed, and Kontakt 7 can see that it is installed since it is able to display the names for all included instruments and all of the instrument files are located in the same folder as all of my other play series instruments and the Factory Library 1.

I have sent a support ticket to NI but have not heard anything back yet.

Please help!

Thank you!

Best Answer

• KG70
    KG70 Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Had the same problem and was given a work around. I'm on Ventura MBP MI MAX.

I'm on Komplete 13 Ultimate but this should be the same work around???

Follow the link to downgrade your Native Access 2 back to 1

How to Downgrade Native Access 2 to Native Access 1

Download and install Native Access 1 in the same link above.

the directions also mentions delete a file 'com.native-instruments.Native Access.plist' I followed this and failed the first time. I went back through the directions and spotted a second file called 'com.native-instruments.nativeaccess2.plist' also removed this, opened Native Access 1 and re-install and it worked!

Hope this helps!

Answers

• KG70
    KG70 Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Had the same problem and was given a work around. I'm on Ventura MBP MI MAX.

I'm on Komplete 13 Ultimate but this should be the same work around???

Follow the link to downgrade your Native Access 2 back to 1

How to Downgrade Native Access 2 to Native Access 1

Download and install Native Access 1 in the same link above.

the directions also mentions delete a file 'com.native-instruments.Native Access.plist' I followed this and failed the first time. I went back through the directions and spotted a second file called 'com.native-instruments.nativeaccess2.plist' also removed this, opened Native Access 1 and re-install and it worked!

Hope this helps!

• deadcolony
    deadcolony Member Posts: 2 Member

holy ****** that worked! thank you so much!!!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@KG70 thanks for sharing! Please also check that thread:

Kontakt 7 Factory Library "the instrument belongs to a library that not installed" error message

I'm closing this one to streamline communication.

This discussion has been closed.