How to see History file?

SteveKDJ
SteveKDJ Member Posts: 132 Helper
edited February 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

One of the files "hisztory.nml" was created by Traktor Pro 3.7.0, since then it is not visible in the software. How can this be fixed? This is important for me.

see in picture..

Thank you...

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @SteveKDJ, I have checked the internal error documentation but could not find anything in this regard. Have you come across another incident like this? Also, have you updated to 3.8.0 so far?

@Sunborn @SteveKDJ I need both of you to stick to a respectful tone. Only this way a community can work well.

Answers

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro

I've had issues with this before.

Fire up Traktor, play a couple of songs. This will create a new History playlist. Then, when you close Traktor and re-open it, you might see the playlist that you want (13th December) re-populated.

• SteveKDJ

Thak you, doesn't work, the history.nml file is different in some places (I don't mean the numbers). and it's much smaller than the others.

The all other nml:

end:

</ENTRY>

</PLAYLIST>

</NODE>

</SUBNODES>

</NODE>

</PLAYLISTS>

<INDEXING></INDEXING>

</NML>

Tehe problems nml end:

</NODE>

</SUBNODES>

</NODE>

</PLAYLISTS>

<INDEXING></INDEXING>

</NML>

• Klaus.Meier
    Klaus.Meier Member Posts: 29 Member

Seems your History NML is empty, you may check "Transport" - "Play Count".

In this example, a track has to be played 10 Seconds before he appears in History.

Value can max 60s. May you have 60s set and do not play a song longer than 60s?

• SteveKDJ

each piece of music lasted about 3-5 minutes.

I have it set to 20, and history.nml is not empty.

Before I logged out, I saved it to history.m3u.

You can see it there. Even the AIMP player can play it.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert

It is really simple! Everything is in your Traktor\History folder, unless you deleted them

But of course, if you updated to 3.7 then you can't expect your older history to be in the 3.7 folder, but in the folder of your previous version!

Check at: C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\Native Instruments\Traktor 3.6 (or whatever version is your previous version). Then look inside History folder. Then, take what you want from here and copy them to the 3.7 History folder. Delete what you don't need, or you may end up with hundreds of old history lists

• SteveKDJ

Nem titok, ezért megosztom itt, hogy akit érdekel, láthassa, miről beszélek.

• Sunborn

Please if you want answers and communication, use English language. There is no auto-translation on the forum and we have no obligation to copy/paste your messages to Google! ...how about answering to you in Greek? would you liked that or you would go angry, if not completely ignore me?

• SteveKDJ

It wasn't intentional, you don't need to get so upset and lecture me right away. If you're upset, take a deep breath... before you eat the man here.

"Nem titok, ezért megosztom itt, hogy akit érdekel, láthassa, miről beszélek." :

It's no secret, so I'm sharing it here so that anyone who's interested can see what I'm talking about.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

Sometimes folk around here act as if they are NI moderators. It does make me chuckle. I may of even said something similar myself, although not as dramatic 😂😂

• SteveKDJ

What a truth. :)

• SteveKDJ

This will not be solved, it can be closed I think. :(

• Sunborn
    edited February 2023

....or, it is about doing the right thing and not whatever you like, in a place that is not your personal space, but a public one.

...or, it is about respect to the others, especially to those who were kind enough to try giving an answer (something that i regret now -i will be more careful in the future about where i waste my time).

...anyway, my "ignore" list just got it's first 2 members... Cheers to that! 😜

• SteveKDJ

I don't understand you, what have you helped me with so far? (Don't answer.)

What makes you think they count on you for anything? Well, you can put me on the list for anything you want. Are you sure you're on the right forum now? 

Please don't reply to anyone.

You have a problem with my Hungarianness, then this forum is not the place for that either.

You probably have your own life to deal with right now, but we don't belong here, you know?

Good luck to you important man. And try not to get personal!

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @SteveKDJ, I have checked the internal error documentation but could not find anything in this regard. Have you come across another incident like this? Also, have you updated to 3.8.0 so far?

@Sunborn @SteveKDJ I need both of you to stick to a respectful tone. Only this way a community can work well.

• SteveKDJ

I've moved beyond that. The bug was in 3.7.1 when I switched to this version. I have since deleted the list file.

And I asked for it to be closed.

The problem has not been solved. Everywhere I went they said the list was corrupted..

I find it more difficult to speak or write English.

Where have I made a mistake in tone?