Audio mix

so i previously had a Kontrol S5 i have just changed to the Kontrol s4 mk3 and ever since i have i can't seem to get something working and i wonder if anyone can help.

when i was using the Kontrol S5 i could watch videos on my laptop or on youtube and i could hear the sound through my headphones plugged into the Kontrol S5, even if i was djing which was great for the start of the night when its quiet i could watch a video or listen to some music on youtube without having to unplug headphones and plug them into the laptop.

However ever since i changed over to the Kontrol S4 it all seems to have mucked up, if i try and play any sound through my laotop it now seems to play out loud in the club. i am not sure what i seem to have done and wonder if anyone has any idea how to sort it out.

thank you

Martin

Best Answer

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert
    Answer ✓

What OS are you using?

For windows that means you would need to use the WASAPI (shared) driver, not ASIO or WASAPI (Exclusive)

And then also in windows select the s4 as your default device.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    Answer ✓

What OS are you using?

For windows that means you would need to use the WASAPI (shared) driver, not ASIO or WASAPI (Exclusive)

And then also in windows select the s4 as your default device.

• MartyNinja
    MartyNinja Member Posts: 4 Member

thank you that has fixed it for me

• MartyNinja

i am using windows 11, its weird i thought that worked, but actually now its playing it out loud in the club as well as through m my headphones

• lord-carlos

What do you to happen?

• MartyNinja

On the kontrol s5 I could watch videos on YouTube or watch videos from a usb stick through the headphones through traktor whilst I was djing (do it normally first hour or so when it’s dead) it played through the headphones nothing else, but since I changed to the s4 mk3 when i try playing them now it also plays out loud as well through the speakers in the club which is obviously not what I want. Not sure what I am doing wrong or what has changed as worked before but seems to have mucked up since changing controller.

I just want to be able to play videos or music through the headphones from either a website or video like I could before. Without it playing loud in the club or having to plug headphones into the laptop

I am going to remove traktor and try reinstalling to see if that helps but any help or guidance would be appreciated

thanks

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Hi @MartyNinja,

could you fix the issue in the meantime? If not, just use the ASIO driver which is already stored on your system.

Please check I Cannot Find the ASIO Driver for My TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 MK3 / S4 MK3 / S3 (Windows)

• lord-carlos

Would using ASIO not prevent him from using it controller has an audio device inside windows applications that only "talk" WAAPI?

I think windows just ses the device has a 4 channel speaker system. Not sure how you can prevent it from outputting sound from the master speakers. Maybe if you turn down master on the device. But that would also affect the sound from traktor.