Maschine Ableton Sampling Question

djsdz73
djsdz73 Member Posts: 13 Member

Hi all,

does anyone know if it's possible to sample directly into the Maschine (when used as a VST) from an Ableton mixer (or master) channel? Perhaps via an audio interface with a loopback function? I like chopping samples on the Maschine better than doing it in Ableton but Ableton's warping is really useful at times, would be nice to be able to skip exporting the file and then importing it into the Maschine.

Cheers.

Best Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Yes. In Ableton just select the Track you want to sample as a SideChain input for the Maschine Plug.

If it's an Ableton Audio Clip you can also just drag-and-drop it into a Maschine Pad, however, this loads the raw file so it won't have any stretching you might have done in Ableton, also be careful to not do anything that might delete the raw file like idk... consolidating it then getting rid of the original track and using "delete unused" thing that ableton asks before quitting.

• djsdz73

Thank you D-One, I was looking in the Maschine settings itself to see if I could select an input and that clearly didn't work but this is even easier.

Cheers.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod

Yes. In Ableton just select the Track you want to sample as a SideChain input for the Maschine Plug.

If it's an Ableton Audio Clip you can also just drag-and-drop it into a Maschine Pad, however, this loads the raw file so it won't have any stretching you might have done in Ableton, also be careful to not do anything that might delete the raw file like idk... consolidating it then getting rid of the original track and using "delete unused" thing that ableton asks before quitting.

• djsdz73

Thank you D-One, I was looking in the Maschine settings itself to see if I could select an input and that clearly didn't work but this is even easier.

Cheers.