Maschine Mk3 is sending the wrong Midi notes to Logic Pro X?

nougattrueffel
nougattrueffel Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Maschine

Cheers everybody,

I wanted to use my Mk3 in Logic Pro X (to send MIDI notes of the plugin instance to the DAW) and ran into a weird issue. The plugin loads fine and I set everything up according to this video by NI - which I thought was great.

Now, when I press shift & Channel it records Midi notes.. but they're in the C-1 to C-0 range and hence do not produce a sound? I did change the starting note to C3 like it says in the video.

This issue feels super weird to me - when I move the notes to the correct MIDI "octave" of C3, they produce a sound, but I don't think this is how it's supposed to work. Settings on Logic are, as far as I know, standard.

I'd be happy for guidance on this!

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• nougattrueffel
    Answer ✓

Jeremy - many thanks. I did have the default template loaded, but see now that pad page A will send MIDI notes from C-1. So that's what I put the starting note in on Channel - Group - Input. This works now! Cool!

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @nougattrueffel Did you load a particular template in the Mk3 using Controller Editor ? If you open Controller Editor you should be able to check which notes numbers are affected to the pads. You can also load a default template by choosing "New" here:

• nougattrueffel
    Answer ✓

Jeremy - many thanks. I did have the default template loaded, but see now that pad page A will send MIDI notes from C-1. So that's what I put the starting note in on Channel - Group - Input. This works now! Cool!