Kontakt 7 crashes (Latest as of 12/5/2022)

Options
13»

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@maki Interesting, thanks for giving my colleagues a shot ;-)

• Dannevoltz
    Dannevoltz Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

@maki Hey! I am having the same issue relating to using midi coming into Kontakt 7. Did the suggestions above fix the problem? I sent in my NI support log haven't heard back yet. I'm using the latest version of Kontakt 7, Windows 11, and my PC is not very old. It's last years model HP Omen. It also will crash randomly in standalone mode.

• maki
    maki Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Unfortunately no (and if you mean external midi, i do not use one for about a year now. It crashed while using it and now without it also. So far, the support only said they dont have time for my issue and suggested updating Kontakt to the latest version :I

I will have clean isntal in the new PC and will see. Still, it is quite peculiar to me as I can have 100 tracks with Serums MAssives pigments etc with no issue apart from higher Cpu usage, then add several tracks with Kontakt and it starts crashing with exponentially growing frequecny.

• Dannevoltz
    Options

Dang sorry to hear the issue didn't get fixed. It's really frustrating that this problem is happening yet no solutions. I updated to the latest Kontakt and still the same issue. I'm thinking about going to a older version of Kontakt and see if that might work. I saw somwhere on here that what NI told them for a similar issue with a specific library that was doing the same thing and a new update will be out in a couple weeks. I'm going to give that a try and I'll let you know if that worked for me.

• Dannevoltz
    Options

Nope. The older version did not work. Actually, it crashed quicker. I still haven't heard back from NI with my tech request. I am so frustrated.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Dannevoltz You submitted your request on Friday. Our offices are closed on the weekend and we're just out of a big sales special so our reply times regarding this kind of issues are slower than usual. Sorry for the wait.