Maschine into studio one

Michael Terry
Michael Terry Member Posts: 63 Member

I have spent well over an hour now trying to play my pads on Maschine mk3 and get them to record into studio one v 6. When I use my KK 88 key keyboard and Maschine is in drum kit mode then I can record the Maschine sounds but not directly from the Maschine controller. In Rosetta I had this working but it's not working in the native AU plugin with an Apple Ultra M1.

I like to use the Maschine pads when doing drum programs.... can't believe how difficult this is.

any help is appreciated.

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,868 mod
    Answer ✓

No prob.

Kind of, Maschine 2.16 has support for Apple Silicon but not all instruments do (I think), so you're better off using Rosetta, the performance hit is not that much anyway.

Answers

• D-One
    edited December 2022

AU does not have MIDI Out from plugins. Use VST. There's no reason to use AU in any other DAW but Logic.

• Michael Terry
    Michael Terry Member Posts: 63 Member

thanks for getting back.... In my native M1 compatible system the vst plugin does not show up as an option in studio one. Can I access the vst version of Maschine without going into Rosetta?

• D-One
    Answer ✓

No prob.

Kind of, Maschine 2.16 has support for Apple Silicon but not all instruments do (I think), so you're better off using Rosetta, the performance hit is not that much anyway.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,576 mod

VST3 should be there. But as @D-One said, the easiest at the moment is to go Rosetta!