Maschine Mikro MK3 Transport Control in Cubase

electricescu
electricescu Member Posts: 10 Member
edited December 2022 in Maschine

Please, i want to play with Maschine vst into Cubase, but i do not knew how a can do this !

Please help me,

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Yes, it's possible.

Enable 'Host Transport Control' in Controller Editor, this makes only the transport section of the HW to no longer control Maschine but instead sends send MIDI to the DAW, therefore starting both Machine and the DAW (without switching to MIDI Mode).

Select the Mackie control template in CE and in Cubase's Device Setup > Remote Device.

The pictures are self-explanatory:

You can even customize what the buttons do in CE, the Rec button is not mappable tho.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited December 2022

Nico told us vst3 for Maschine, FM8, Reaktor coming in January 2023 to public.

Since Cubase 11, actual C12, vst2 isn't supported. Only vst3

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru

I don't have 12; but I think that's only for m1 mac people.

Maschine as a plugin isn't going to have those transport buttons because transport is handled by the host. Press play in Cubase.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Yes, it's possible.

Enable 'Host Transport Control' in Controller Editor, this makes only the transport section of the HW to no longer control Maschine but instead sends send MIDI to the DAW, therefore starting both Machine and the DAW (without switching to MIDI Mode).

Select the Mackie control template in CE and in Cubase's Device Setup > Remote Device.

The pictures are self-explanatory:

You can even customize what the buttons do in CE, the Rec button is not mappable tho.

• electricescu
    electricescu Member Posts: 10 Member

Thank you so much for your kindness @D-One, @Paule and @darkwaves.