Can you edit choke and link groups on Maschine+?

Darewbe
Darewbe Member Posts: 8 Member
edited December 2022 in Maschine

Did some reading and searching but haven't seen an answer, forgive me if I've been too impatient...

Best Answer

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    Answer ✓

Yes, you can.

• Darewbe
    Darewbe Member Posts: 8 Member

Thanks ozon, glad to hear it.

• ozon
    edited December 2022

Maschine Plus Manual, page 29:

PAD MODE button: Press PAD MODE to switch the pads to Group mode (the default mode).

In Group mode, each pad represents one Sound of the Group. Group mode is typically used for drum kits. You can adjust various parameters of the mode via the displays and the surrounding Buttons and Knobs. The right display shows you the Sound triggered by each pad.

You can use Buttons 5 to 8 to adjust the Base Key, which sets the key (pitch) triggered for each Sound in the Group, and Knobs 1 to 4 under the left display to set the Choke and Link group settings.

Please refer to the MASCHINE Manual for more information on these features.

By pressing PAD MODE again, you can hide its parameters from the displays and return to your previous workflow while keeping Group mode activated on your pads; as a reminder, the PAD MODE button will stay lit as long as your pads are in Group mode. Press SHIFT + PAD MODE to switch your pads to Group mode without changing the displays to the mode parameters

Although refered to, I wasn’t able to find more information in the Maschine Manual. However, Choke and Link are quite self explanatory.

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 74 Helper

But there is a bug attached - choke and link info not stored when saving a group to SD-card.

• ozon

Is this a new bug introduced with the latest update? Does it work properly in the Maschine 2.16 software? You should start a new topic about it.

• ozon
    edited December 2022

Just tested on my M+ still on software version 1.4.3 (Maschine 2.15): Link/Choke is not saved to (or loaded from?) a Group.

😞

Edit: Bug Report submitted. @D-One This should probably be moved into its own Bug Report thread for further discussion and trouble shooting.

• ozon

FYI it works if +ROUTING is enabled when loading the Group. I’m not sure whether to consider this is a bug or a feature.

The manual states:

8.6.5. Loading Groups with Routing

When the file type Groups is selected, the +ROUTING button. When the +ROUTING button is activated the audio and MIDI routings stored in the Group are also loaded, potentially overwriting previous routings in the selected Group. When the +ROUTING button is off, any audio and MIDI routings saved in the Group will not be loaded, thus preserving any existing routings in the active Group.

▶ Press SHIFT + Button 3 (+ ROUTING) to include or exclude audio and MIDI routing when Groups are loaded.

→ When the option is activated (Button 3 lit and + ROUTING label highlighted), Groups are loaded together with their audio and MIDI routing.

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 74 Helper

@ozan Thanks for hint, didnt think it can work such way. However customer support accepted this as a bug, routing option wasnt mentioned though.