Traktor future news?

BrooklynTerry
BrooklynTerry Member Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

This is simply my opinion but I have been using Traktor since Traktor DJ studio (about 2005) I have stayed pretty faithful through these years to your product but I feel a bit abandoned. I would like to know straight up what are the plans for Traktor for the future? I feel like Traktor has been stuck in the mud for the last 5 years. A new Browser a few bugs fixes Beatport integration (I have yet to meet a Traktor person excited about that) but no real advancements. What is the deal?

Tagged:

Comments

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

Who knows what's going on. The last time an official statement was made it was about having a new dj software running in parallel with Traktor which would eventually be phased out. Hopefully we all don't wither away waiting.

• TeLLy
    TeLLy Member Posts: 71 Advisor

Since the changes in management they seem to have picked up some energy again, which is great - the whole DVS scene was moving in fits and starts but NI seemed planted in a safe, yet aging stance.

The catching up could come with drawbacks - looks like a monthly subscription will come with the next version based on the survey that just came out. I actually like those (see my backups post) but if you're not a gigging DJ it could be a turnoff.

Look guys, I just want some 7" scratch timecodes. Someone help me out here.

• Wyley
    edited February 2022

I also did the survey and I forgot to read what the raffle is for. I will only subscribe to a full fledged iOS version other than that status quo it is.

From what I read it seems like we’ll be waiting till the end of spring to find out what’s happening in fall.

• TeLLy

Again I'm good even with the Pro version going subscription but I may balk at locking/unlocking features based on additional fees. Give me Pro at $x/month with the whole shebangalang, or leave me at full Pro $xyz.99 per version every so and so years.

• Wyley

Native access is getting overhauled for subscription services. From what I understand subscriptions will be available first as a gateway for people to get into the NI ecosystem. What I don't like about subscription services is that you can lose all your work once you stop your subscription and it's held in limbo. Where as paying an update fee every version change allows you to keep a working version permanently.

• TeLLy

Toughest part of selling subscription services is indeed how to deal with those who need to pause payments, for whatever reason. The monthly model is very profitable for a business, and actually very manageable for those customers who would explore the benefits AND adapt their workflows to it. That last half sentence is what could make or break the new generation from NI.

The cost/benefit just isn't there for a basement jock and if (s)he doesn't use Traktor to learn on then (s)he won't use it to gig on. Bye bye market share.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin

Hey folks, we have a post from our Traktor team here: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/837/messages-from-traktor/

To avoid duplicates and discussions in different space, we're closing this thread. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.